Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Beer tester
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By car lookers i mean people that come to your house to look at a car that you have for sale and try to haggle, dont bring money, want joy rides, come look at it multiple times, call on a daily basis to see if you've sold it yet, ask to take parts off to sale it, cant drive a manual transmision etc etc. I fuckin hate them. They just waste my time. Die, die motherfuckers die.

I'm sorry but if there's a car i want i got cash, I bring my own compression check crap, and inspect it right then an there. Having to work multiple jobs and have to bother to take off of work just to show them the vehicle i loose out on money that i could have made workin also. I've had at lest 10 people come in the last week to check out the 93 hatch and all of them want it and dont got money. WTF go get a paper route. I mean some of them wernt kids. I'm talkin like 40 year olds that drive bmw's and euro crap that should be able to afford it. And even when in the ad i mark it as firm at a price an even tell them when they come they still try to haggle the second time they come around.

Anyone else have experience's like this?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Eh. I think everybody haggles because it makes them feel like they got a deal.

But yes, I hate that feeling. I've wasted lots of time trying to sell a car to a 'tire kicker.'

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
dude....you have NO IDEA......try this. atleast 40 calls. people saying they are comming to look at the car or say they have cash and are for sure buying it. How many people have come look at my car you may ask? 4. FOUR!!

Ive had people call every day, asking more info, saying they love what they hear, and they are comming tomorrow. Never call back.

Ive had people say they are on their way, then call 10 minutes later saying they hafto come tomorrow. call the next day, drive and say they had to turn around becuase they forgot somthing. Call the next day, say they got lost and are for sure comming tomorrow. Never get a call back, wont answer my calls.

This 300zx has been the most absolute worst car to try to sell because of the flakers.....its RIDICULOUS!

EDIT: not just that, On some ads I have I say in BOLD, NO TRADES, yet I still get offered trades for seriously RICED out cars, cars worth less than HALF of what im asking. You will know what im talking about if you have ever listed a car on www.mautofied.com

·
I drive a 5.SLOW mustang
994 Posts
i had my car for sale once and a guy asked me
if he could drive it and spray it....i was like you
can all you want once you buy it...he wasnt intrested after that :?

·
Official Beer tester
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol guy today comes up to the house and i keep it in the garage and ask's why i'm not driving it cause he hasnt seen it around town. I say look in the drive way. He turns around and see's my 2 other car's and 2 trucks. Hell some people dont like to put miles on vehicles, run them ragged, actuall collect cars just to have one they allways wanted, or want to park them outside to get them brokin into or stole.

I've had to start the new rule of you dont get to drive it unless i see the cash, just so people wont waste my time.

·
Brown-Eye Bandit
1,657 Posts
is there a for sale thread of some sort for this 93 hatch you speak of?
i'm in the market.

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
Oh, well this just happened today.

Some guy calls me, asks me if I will drive the car to pennsylvania....I said....um no, he says ok thanks and hangs up the phone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts