Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

I'm back and got a new Ride

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Greazzy 
#1 ·
So Lane here, It's been a few years since I've been on here. You guys might not remember me, but no worries.

I was able to make a dream come true last month when I was able to get the dream car, a Gen 2 Viper GTS.

I've been on the hunt, about 2 years I would say. I was getting pretty frustrated because the costs of the gen2 GTS is getting out of hand. Low milers are going for $65K-$70K. No way I'd ever pay that. Then the medium milers were $45k-$50k. Still too much.

I finally found that needle in the haystack. From a listing with no pictures and no price, I put a deposit down on a 1 owner clean carfax 96 in my dream colors. Little higher mileage, but less than $30K.

So 700 miles home from Virginia Beach was a good "introduction" to the Viper. Me and the wife sweated our butts off, but you couldn't take the smile off my face.

Car is not perfect, but I wanted to put my own self into it anyway. I will get the pleasure of fixing it the way I want it. Car drove perfect and gave us zero trouble on the way home. Best description of this thing I can say is it's 100% American. Sounds like a truck, shakes ridiculously at idle, and has over the top styling. It really surprised me how small the occupants area was, as it's the narrowest part of the car. I would say the S2000 is just a tad tighter, but it is laid out better than the Viper.

Looks like it's got a Corsa Cat back exhaust, because I can tell it's not stock. Doesn't bother me one bit, as I think they are close to $2K. Other than that, car seems completely stock.

There were very very few times I could really "get on it" with the wife in the car, as she really hates it. I know better to piss her off after just getting the dream car too, but you can feel the power there. Speed seems even more effortlessly than the Vette, and it never seems like you are going as fast as you are. 80mph feels like 45mph.

I'm still in disbelief it's sitting in the garage.

Already fixed the blue center caps, as I couldn't stand them. I will post more pics when I've had a chance to clean it up and get it looking pretty inside and out.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.