Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, guy offered me a car and i have been debating with him. so i need a VERY knowledgeable honda tech to help me out
he said he has his b18a bored to 84mm, EVERYTHING that i have found says that the MAX you can take one on stock sleeves is 82mm, but he swears up and down his is taken to 84mm on stock sleeves and its perfectly safe because he has a block gaurd... i just dont think that sounds right.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Not possible.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ZacCarter said:
Don't think so. Stock B20's are at 84, but they have different sleeves. Sounds sketchy.
exactly what im thinking, he says its totally possible as long as you use a block gaurd.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
jdmpwr07 said:
What the hell is a block guard?
A bandaid from the late ninty's I can't believe people still use them...

They are welded in and keep the sleeves stable.

But I have seen numerous cars run with out them these days with a good tune and have never had issues.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well can some of you help me find some material backing up that its not possible, he swears he and friends have done it many times with no problems, i know its not possible but he seems to be stuck that it is

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
maybe he should learn better ricer math

·
Registered
65 Posts
oh totally doable man...except as soon the engine turns over your going to crack a sleeve..Matter of fact JG cracked a sleeve in the b series build off and they only went to 83mm if that tells you anything.

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
even if it were posobly you would end up with over heting issus and ur sleavs would be so thin that yea it would bust and well you know not possobly on stock sleevs

·
Registered
135 Posts
^Thats why the B20 uses different sleeves than the B18A/B.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'll call it.................

wait for it

BULLSHIT! if he had a modulary integrated deck maybe, and ive cracked sleeves in blockguarded motors before, they aren't worth a crap. MID FTW

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah the guy ended up getting rid of the car to someone else, i told him they guy that did the machine work must have lied to him and he agreed after he did some searching of his own... i might be getting the car anyway though off the guy that he traded it to, it appears to be doing fine and drive well with no problems, i just wanna rip the head off and see what its really bored at if at all...

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
Turbo vw said:
even if it were posobly you would end up with over heting issus and ur sleavs would be so thin that yea it would bust and well you know not possobly on stock sleevs
what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ understand.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
spoolie said:
Turbo vw said:
what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ understand.
exactly but the car seems to be running great, im just wondering what its really at...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
spoolie said:
its not 84mm block then...liar, to get 84mm you would buy a dart block.
i know, but i know its a b18a1 block, all im saying is im curious to if its even bored at all

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah true, they guy that has the car now is offering the car to me, just wondering if i should take it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts