Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
301 - 319 of 319 Posts
grascias bud.. i cant wait to see yours on the road.. i hear it got bumped back a little.. sounds like me and all the stuff im trying to do lol
thanks man. yeah it did just a bit. ordering my clutch next friday and thats the last big ticket item i need. everything else is sub 400 bucks so if i really need something its only a paycheck away. I'm at a hard point right now as far as safety regulations go though. For the time I want to hit, I'm gonna need a bigger cage (10pt), and a bunch of stuff, that I really don't want to do....so it's just kinda all chillin right now till I decide the best route. Also working on gettin my new daily on the road too. Always too much stuff going on for one reason or another really

Discussion starter · #303 ·
thanks man. yeah it did just a bit. ordering my clutch next friday and thats the last big ticket item i need. everything else is sub 400 bucks so if i really need something its only a paycheck away. I'm at a hard point right now as far as safety regulations go though. For the time I want to hit, I'm gonna need a bigger cage (10pt), and a bunch of stuff, that I really don't want to do....so it's just kinda all chillin right now till I decide the best route. Also working on gettin my new daily on the road too. Always too much stuff going on for one reason or another really
yeah... i totally understand.. as soon as i get my injectors and tune im planning on a s13 daily.. my dad may be getting laid off so we might have to sell the extra vehicles in the family.. and this Z of mine breaks a lot.. lol

In other words Matt's a **** and won't ever get shit done
yeah he will eventually... he just wants to make sure he has the right cage :caged: to sit in when he is drivin that beast lol

Eh it comes down to a matter of what I want (6pt or 8pt) versus what I need 10pt. The price difference is significant and jeopardizes the chance of it still being a daily so I'm pretty much leaning towards a 6pt and just not being able to run the time I want to consistently.

Anyways back ot. I know what you mean about gettin rid of shit that breaks kit lol. My jeep which is my current daily just had the ac go out, so I'm tryin to finish the 7 so I can daily it and keep the jeep for when my mom and I travel longer distances.

Discussion starter · #305 ·
Well I got the mud flaps in and I hate em.. I did a test fitment and they arent going to look anything like I planned :dunno:.. So im going to try n sell them.. The knock sensor still hasnt come in yet so im still kicking in and out of safety boost.. Its coming from canada so maybe customs thinks its a bomb or something lol.. besides that there isnt anything new with the Z itself.. except the fact it has a mini Z lol.. I have a showcase thread showing it off but i had to post it up in here too..

fun shit lol i need a rear diff for my electric one so i can actually see it run lol so yea thats all for now.. :thefinger:

Discussion starter · #307 ·
well i got the knock sensor in.. no more safety boost.. and i did a lil painting on the Z last night.. If anyone has ever really walked up and looked at the Z the clear coat was faded between the t-tops and the windows.. and ive got the black theme going.. so i sanded down and decided to rattle can a little.. now normally i would NEVER rattle can anything on the Z but its just the top and it looks much better than it did before.. it doesnt have the fresh glass reflection look but again it looks much beter than it did before.. of course i took some pics for yall

ill get some more pics of the finished product.. i keep forgeting to take em when im in some good light.. but yea.. tomorrow ill be pulling the upper intake to fix a boost leak.. its driving me nuts.. i honestly think the gasket got a little crooked the last time i put it on.. so im just pulling it off for the hell of it to have a look lol.. thats all for now.. if i remember to take some pics ill post em up

Discussion starter · #308 ·
well.. yesterday i got around to switching out the upper intake gasket.. it was leaking on cylinder 6 so that was one of my problems.. i found one samll leak on the TB hose on the passenger side.. its cracked to hell.. ill have to replace that.. i got the new knock sensor in from canada and got it relocated no more safety boost.. i figured since i deleted the fuel hard lines and relocated the sensor id snap a couple of pics.. nothing special.. if your not familiar with the top of a Z's plenum you wont notice much of a difference.. but i love it

Discussion starter · #310 ·
nah its just her lil ole daily driver.. she has some 8k hid's.. 2 JL 13.5 W1's.. and a new head unit.. thats about it.. oh and the radiator cracked on the way back from picking it up lol.. we just ordered a ebay one and its all good now.. she keeps talking about a 5 speed swap.. all she needs is the money for it and ill do it..

Discussion starter · #312 ·
I know right.. lol At least they should have done it for all of the models with Ttops.. Its a much cleaner look

On a bad note another injector is going out. This is my third one to drop on me.. It has the exact same symptoms as the first one.. Lagging and bogging under vaccume.. I havent pulled off the CAS or done an OHM test to figure out which one it is.. I was going to suck it up and stop wasting my time with stockers and upgrade.. But for now I am going to put in ANOTHER stock one to get me by.. Then im going to get a S13 for a daily.. That way I can put some money back for a real build rather than a lil ole rebuild.. Thats going to be a while considering im jobless at the moment.. but give me a year lol ill do work eventually

Discussion starter · #315 ·
:/

One question, why didnt you paint that piece in the middle with the paint flaking?
its not fading.. its a trim piece that is peeling.. i have to strip off all the old ruber/plastic in order to paint it and do it right.. ive already done the trim on the t tops.. there is also a strip that runs along the side of the windshield that i am replacing.. the trim that runs under the windows on the doors is peeling a little bit also.. ill be doing all the rest of the stripping/painting at once.. just havent gotten to it yet..

looks good kit. if you ever wanna spray it with real paint just lmk and i can do it for you
man.. im going to be snatching the aluminum hood of that parts car im picking up.. i need it painted to match mine since its white.. but i have no skill with a real paint gun... im sure we can work something out..

its not fading.. its a trim piece that is peeling.. i have to strip off all the old ruber/plastic in order to paint it and do it right.. ive already done the trim on the t tops.. there is also a strip that runs along the side of the windshield that i am replacing.. the trim that runs under the windows on the doors is peeling a little bit also.. ill be doing all the rest of the stripping/painting at once.. just havent gotten to it yet..

man.. im going to be snatching the aluminum hood of that parts car im picking up.. i need it painted to match mine since its white.. but i have no skill with a real paint gun... im sure we can work something out..
long as you get the paint and what not, just get mesome food or something and im down haha.

Discussion starter · #317 ·
lol hell yea.. im gonna have to take you up on that.. i gotta get that damn parts car first.. dude had to go apply for a lost title thrusday so hopefully i can go scoop it some time next week.. might even be able to take some parts down to Z nationals for a core return

301 - 319 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.