Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
21 - 40 of 319 Posts
Discussion starter · #22 ·
okay... weak update... finally saw mikes truck at the shop between jobs and he injured his arm in the bike accident he had... so he wont be able to work on the Z for at least 4 to 5 weeks... :(

Discussion starter · #24 ·
id say hell yea... but he is the kind of guy who wants to do it all himself... i was suprised when he let me come in and take off the timing belt on mine... its okay i guess... im gonna go ahead and get a new set of tires and a couple of other misc things... ill keep everything posted

Discussion starter · #28 ·
well i was bummed out bout the progress bein put off for at least a month... so i bout a couple of parts...

1 pair of cowel panels... i dont have one on my passenger side and the other is cracked... :thumbup:

and a full underdrive pulley kit...

ill post a few pics of em when they come in...

Discussion starter · #30 ·
ramman434 said:
we need some picture updates dammit
Well since you asked....

These should be the last of the parts im ordering... the only other thing i might get would be a pair of struts for the front... but i doubt i get those till i get it back... we will see...

Discussion starter · #32 ·
dude i didnt have the passenget side... and the drivers side was cracked to hell... lol you could plainly see my battery from outside the car... :lol:

oh yeah, the previous owner probably took it out cause they ALWAYS break.....your suppose to take tem out to take the battery out, but alot of people dont and it never fails you will hit it and crack it when trying to get the battery out ....happened to me on all 3 of my Z's lol

Discussion starter · #35 ·
StatixNWH said:
oh yeah, the previous owner probably took it out cause they ALWAYS break.....your suppose to take tem out to take the battery out, but alot of people dont and it never fails you will hit it and crack it when trying to get the battery out ....happened to me on all 3 of my Z's lol
lol... yea i jus swapped my battery out like it was nothin with it not even bein there... ill remember that when i actually get the pannels on... i was wondering before i ordered why they were 260 bucks... but under the vents there is like chrome mesh... looks good...

thanks for the compliments... ill keep it updated

Discussion starter · #36 ·
So... 300zxttkid... i think thats his name on here... shot me a offer i couldnt turn down on his motegi's... ima put new tires on all of em... i jus snapped a quick pic of them in my drive way.... ill get some better pics...

I was thinking of painting the lip red... and maybe painting the rest gun metal... what do yall think???

kitc5252 said:
So... 300zxttkid... i think thats his name on here... shot me a offer i couldnt turn down on his motegi's... ima put new tires on all of em... i jus snapped a quick pic of them in my drive way.... ill get some better pics...

I was thinking of painting the lip red... and maybe painting the rest gun metal... what do yall think???
you get these from clay or austin casanova??
white z32 with gold sportmaxes 962??

Discussion starter · #40 ·
ramman434 said:
we need some picture updates dammit
Okay so i dropped off my parts yesterday... and im not gonna lie ramman i thought about you... so i snapped some pics with my phone... Mike went to the doctor yesterday... his collar bone is still healing from where he broke it... the doctor wont let him do any work till the middle of october... This is how the motor sits now...

Block

Heads

Parts he is cleanin

Box #1 of clean parts

Box #2 of clean parts

you can see the old bearings in the pic with the heads... about 4 of those were trashed... lol

a lot of the piping in the second box isnt goin back on the car cause im removing all of the egr piping..

Oh yea one more thing... better pic of the motegi's i jus got.... i decided ima paint the lip red on em... i think they will look perty good

21 - 40 of 319 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.