Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinkin of doin a swap and a few other things with my car..
the swap is totally my idea but the rest me and my boss have worked out on doin
our thoughts are to shave the door handles. lambo doors. and possibly some kinda low key body kit or a lip or somethin.. most likely a lip. and were gonna paint it.. he wants to do lime green and i dont really dislike it but im still not sure..
as for the swap i wanna buy a z6 and replace cam crank pistons and rods then boost..
havent really researched and looked into it too much but its just a plan for now
any suggestions tips or ideas?

·
n00b
695 Posts
ehh.... to each his own with the body mods. ive got a spare z6 short block in my garage that id let you have for cheap if youre serious about it.

G

·
I think you need to do some research...I'm building a z6 right now and it's quite an undertaking. If you are building for boost then prepare to spend 1k+ on the block (not including cam and headwork) and around 2-3k for turbo kit (not including fuel management, injectors, and tuning).

www.d-series.org

·
Registered
431 Posts
mintygood said:
I think you need to do some research...I'm building a z6 right now and it's quite an undertaking. If you are building for boost then prepare to spend 1k+ on the block (not including cam and headwork) and around 2-3k for turbo kit (not including fuel management, injectors, and tuning).

www.d-series.org
for a built block yeah but 2-3k for a kit minus tuning injectors and management wtf kinda kit r u looking at u could boost a b for that and reach your 300 mark alot easier

G

·
I'm going by the prives on go-autoworks.com

they make some excellent are are perfect if you don't want to fuck with building your own kit. Judging from the noobie tone in his post (not insulting you) I assumed that you wanted a kit....here is a bottom line kit with a log manifold and a t3/4 57 trim:

The GO-AUTOWORKS Tuner kit will
Include:
-Stainless Log Manifold
-3" Stainless downpipe w/ flex and
02 bung
-38mm flanged dumptube
-Bullseye Power T3/T4 57 trim
-Tial 38mm Wastegate (silver)
-Tial 50mm Blow Off Valve ,(silver)
-Complete Oil Feed and Return Kit
-Intercooler
-Aluminum Charge Pipe Kit
-T bolt clamps
-silicone reinforced couplers
(this kit is also available in an A/C
version for $100 more w/ 2.5"
Downpipe!!
Complete bolt on,
-FREE set of NGK spark plugs!
$2,295

I suppose you could build one for cheaper if you are willing to be thrify and adventurous but that is a very fair price for what it is.

*EDIT* you will also want a good clutch, good tires and maybe even LSD if you are going to be running 300hp or else you will be just spinning the tired.....traction upgrades are very underrated these days for some reason...

·
fkn right!
1,278 Posts
Re: possible build for frankenstein..

Deentwon said:
our thoughts are to shave the door handles. lambo doors. and possibly some kinda low key body kit or a lip or somethin.. most likely a lip. and were gonna paint it.. he wants to do lime green and i dont really dislike it but im still not sure..
as for the swap i wanna buy a z6 and replace cam crank pistons and rods then boost..
havent really researched and looked into it too much but its just a plan for now
should have left out the lime green part denton... lol

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
why does this need to be in builds and setups???????????? your not building it now so couldn't you have posted this in general automotive discussion???????

oh and good luck with the lambos it will be aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome. and i second the lighting yellow with blue under leds :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea im gonna go lightening yellow with some green racin strips
with the r34 body kit
then like a 2 inch exhaust all the way back and a 4.5 inch exhaust
then im gonna put chrome tires on it

bastards

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: possible build for frankenstein..

capone said:
Deentwon said:
should have left out the lime green part denton... lol
yeh i no..
i dont really wanna do it that much.. its just that i dont think he'll paint it if we dont do lime green.. he hates paintin cars
idk if ill be able to do any of this though if i dont get any time off work.. im always workin so no time for my car. :(

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sagostino said:
mintygood said:

www.d-series.org
for a built block yeah but 2-3k for a kit minus tuning injectors and management wtf kinda kit r u looking at u could boost a b for that and reach your 300 mark alot easier
so built booted b>built boosted d?
would it be cheaper/easier?.

·
Registered
462 Posts
wow, deentwon is gonna get his feelings hurt real quick :p

idk if you make it a really fast car than a ricer look can be like a sleeper type thing :lol:

G

·
Deentwon said:
with the r34 body kit

bastards
chrome tires ftw

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mintygood said:
Deentwon said:
with the r34 body kit

bastards
chrome tires ftw
well i was thinkin like chrome 18's or like yellow american racing rims ya no?...
and definitely gotta have the matchin underglows..
i gotta find a spoiler too man..
i just love civics with huge ass spoilers on the trunk

on the real though.. whats a fustercluk?>.. clusterfuck?...

1 - 20 of 208 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.