Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this miata up on tuesday. It needs some work, but it's 18 years old! It's a '90 A Pkg. 197k miles. Pretty much just a normal miata.

It needs the paint cut pretty bad, crappy maaco job hasn't held up too well. Still need to fix the window regulator and sort out the charging system. It's solid and handles well otherwise. It's been fun in spite of the issues. Total joy to work on it too, very easy to access everything.

Plans for now are to add wheels and coilovers (budget dependent) and autocross it in the STS2 class.

·
You canNOT has!
383 Posts
good buy :thumbup:

I did a timing belt job on that car a while back, wasn't bad at all!

Those engines are rev happy, but lack torque, thats my only quirk about them.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anyone who's seen my car knows the paint is really tired. It's turning out pretty well so far, I'll post up more updates when i get done.

Steps:
Meguiars white claybar
machine polish w/ Menzerna intensive / orange pad
machine polish w/ Menzerna final / white pad
hand wax w/ Collinite 476s

I did a section with just the claybar and orange pad. I can't seem to get everything out of the finish, but it's a huge improvement over what i'm starting with.

·
Abides
966 Posts
Wow, great job on the paint!!!

Call me gay if you want, but I've always wanted a Miata. They are just really cool cars to me, and seem like they have alot of potential.
Hardtop ftw indeed.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.