Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at going Megasquirt to tune only fuel because my stock ecm isn't worth a crap and doesn't spray fuel based on map readings.

Anybody here displeased with the daily drive-ability of their megasquirt setups?

Boosted car, btw.

·
Banned!!!!!
186 Posts
Mega squirt is a great DIY way to go. I had it on an older car of mine, and after a bit of playing, got it to work well. If you are new to it, plan on a lot of learning till you can get it right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry for the delay, I got to drive 1,000 miles today.

Yes, it's for the Cavalier.

I don't have any other options that would give me map based tuning.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
im gonna run it, from what ive read and talked to other people that have ran it say its really not bad the reason why some people dont like it is because its not plug and play.

·
Whatever
93 Posts
I'm running it on my 240sx KA-T project car. it's not hard to wire up, especially for fuel. i don't DD the car but i very well could if i took the time to make sure all the enrichments (warm-up, acceleration, afterstart, etc.) were good to go. i just haven't gotten around to it yet since it's not cold and i don't need it everyday. Car runs great on it once it's set up. make sure you read the megamanual a few hundred times so that you know what you are doing if you plan to solder the board yourself and do the wiring and do the tuning. when it comes down to it, there isn't much difference in the high priced stuff and the MS. you can get a tuner to do it the same as any other Stand-alone. Had mine tuned at Carma Performance by Erin and he winced when i told him i had MS until he realized that it's just as easy as an AEM when you get into it. good luck, if you need help you can pm me and i'll let you in on what i know.

·
Banned
307 Posts
I use it myself, driveability is as good as stock once tuned, or pretty damn close, its certainly better than a RRFPR/MAP clamp setup any day, the learning curve is kind of steep though, you have quite a bit to learn about EFI and how it works, I run both spark and fuel...as they have been saying, fuel only is easy....really easy, but truthfully spark isnt much harder once you get the hang of it

·
Banned
307 Posts
I would say from his sig he has a S/C cavalier(unless of course you were talking about me...in which case of course I dont have a turbo cavalier, but then, MegaSquirt is universal so it doesnt apply)

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
wicked93gs said:
I would say from his sig he has a S/C cavalier(unless of course you were talking about me...in which case of course I dont have a turbo cavalier, but then, MegaSquirt is universal so it doesnt apply)
The OP's car is now turbocharged.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts