TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 253 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
mintygood's NA D series build

Hey all! Some of you know what my build plans for this little z6 are but for those of you who don't here's the deal. I picked up a z6 engine from Ransom a week or so ago with a spun bearing. Plan to completely rebuild with eagle rods and vitara pistons among other misc things. I'm still researching the different types of turbos so that is still up in the air. After the block is built and the turbo is pieced together I will swap it into my EG hatch and HOPEFULLY get 300 whp once it's all said and done.

While all of that is in the works, I'm working on a Si tranny for a A->M conversion in my hatch.

I don't have any pics of the engine but I do have some pics of the car, A->M swap parts, and the tranny teardown.

Here is the specimen for the project:

All of the A->M parts:

Tranny:

Innovative A->M tranny mount:

Back seats I traded to Ransom for the z6...Hope you like them!

Tonight I *tried* to open up the tranny but gave up after I wasn't able to get the 32mm sealing bolt unscrewed...Also found this when I drained the tranny fluid...

Hope you guys keep checking back...hopefully will start engine tear down on monday. I'll keep ya'll posted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Some of that shit looks familiar..lol... That damn tranny!! It drove fine. Crack her open and see whats up, prolly just needs an input shaft bearing.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ransom said:
Some of that shit looks familiar..lol... That damn tranny!! It drove fine. Crack her open and see whats up, prolly just needs an input shaft bearing.
and new gears....lol

who knows what those chunks are though...hoping to got its something dumb like a bearing but if its gears the thing is just going to the trash..or a hybrid tranny rebuild...who knows

·
Registered
87 Posts
I cant really tell from the pics, but i dought its pieces of gears. More so pieces of the input or main shaft bearings.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ransom said:
I cant really tell from the pics, but i dought its pieces of gears. More so pieces of the input or main shaft bearings.
That's what I'm thinking too but we'll see.

Worse comes to worse I replace some gears and do a Si/ZC hybrid tranny.

I'm about to take some more pics before work. Check back.

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
TubaSam said:
Ransom said:
Worse comes to worse I replace some gears and do a Si/ZC hybrid tranny.
Hell yeah! Sounds like a friends build, hes using Tuner Toys rods and Vitaras. Hes hoping for mid 300s or better... SOHC_Mshue on Honda-Tech if you're ever in the forced induction forum over there.

He'll be using a T04e 57 trim I believe.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
H-T people scare me :p

I know the concept behind turbos but I still have A LOT to learn about the different sizes and all of that shit. D-series.org has been pretty helpful...some dude pushing 741 hp i think on a z6 :thumbup:

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
I'm sure hes there, too. When we were both kids I was a dumbass trying to make my hatch clean... meanwhile he spent all his money on turbo parts. Still has the same car and its been through more than a few motors and setups, all SOHC though.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha true Dseries fan.

I'm just looking forward to taking it to the track and having people ask me to pop the hood only to see a tiny SOHC D series :)

·
EF U
2,510 Posts
ive been running Tuner Toys rods and Vitaras pistons in my crx for 6 months, so far so good! right now im running just a lil t25
making roughly 200 hp. but im in the middle of piecing together another setup, looking for a 16G hoping for 300 hp
(300 hp + 1900 lb car = weeeee)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here we go.

z6 sitting on my floor:

Nasty Head:

Valve cover about to get prepped and painted:

4 bucks at sears....what a life saver:

Broke the Dizzy cap when I hit the cat:

And the bastard tranny from hell :p

Now I'm off to work to make some more money for this damned project

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
was checking out Tuner Toys rods.....about 100 cheaper and people say that they are just as good as eagle rods...

anyone have experience with tuner toys rods?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ready to see this build get rolling, once my Talon's motor is done, I plan on building a z6 for my hatch so I will definitely be looking for perspective on your build.. Let me know if you ever need a second hand or anything, I would love to help.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AaronD said:
Ready to see this build get rolling, once my Talon's motor is done, I plan on building a z6 for my hatch so I will definitely be looking for perspective on your build.. Let me know if you ever need a second hand or anything, I would love to help.
Thanks for checking out the thread. This is a work in progress so I'm sure I'll be giving ya a call one of these days for some help :)

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Theres a bunch of good vids on Youtube of Z6s putting down 485hp at the wheel. and more. Alot of em have there mod lists and all info . Good resource for this build. jus my 2cent.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
delsolsituner said:
Theres a bunch of good vids on Youtube of Z6s putting down 485hp at the wheel. and more. Alot of em have there mod lists and all info . Good resource for this build. jus my 2cent.
Pretty much have all of the parts for the engine itself picked out already...Just did some research for Tuner Toy rods and they looked like the better choice. But I will defiantly check it out for some turbo setups....still need to do A LOT of research turbo-wise.

I'll post up a detailed list of the changes and parts I will be installing tomorrow if I remember lol.

Thanks for checking out the thread!

1 - 20 of 253 Posts