someone let me no

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
sounds good , but be careful and know that it will reduce top end a bit

·
Registered
163 Posts
ya its not that bad of a drop I've got that 1 down 2 up setting, which is the same that most Moto GP riders use and it really all just depends on your bike and how easy you want it to be for the front tire to come up

What is your bike??? (year, model, make)

and do you know what your sprocket sizes that are on the bike now

·
Registered
418 Posts
As said aboye it just depends on your year, make, and model. it shouldnt drop top speed 30 mph. i have a 07 GSXR 1000 and i went 1 down 2 up with a 520 chain kit and didnt lose even 10 mph off top end. but do note that sprockets will throw your speed off and u will rack up milage quicker unless u get a speedohealer.

·
get off my nuts
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GSXEclipse said:
As said aboye it just depends on your year, make, and model. it shouldnt drop top speed 30 mph. i have a 07 GSXR 1000 and i went 1 down 2 up with a 520 chain kit and didnt lose even 10 mph off top end. but do note that sprockets will throw your speed off and u will rack up milage quicker unless u get a speedohealer.
i no it wont drop that much i was just saying 130 is still plenty fast
its an 05 gsxr 600
i dont no how many teeth the stock stuff has

·
Registered
163 Posts
ok so I looked it up and the stock sprocket size for you bike is 16/46 so if you doing the 1 down two up you need 15/48

but let me go ahead and warn you that its no joke doing this conversion I went from 16/46 to 15/48 and my 600rr's front tire will pick up sometime in the lower gear when I don't want it to, just be careful and learn your wheelies at a slow pace, don't go for the gold you first time trying them

·
Registered
418 Posts
yes, wheelies are fun, but if you dont know what your doing u can hurt yourself. if you dont know how to do them try them in an empty parking lot or something along those lines so u dont hurt yourself or anyone else. and order all your parts from www.motomummy.com

·
yes i'm RICE
3,686 Posts
wtf is ya'll doing help this boy out how to do a wheelie,or ya'll a dum as motherfucka,look man just ride ur bike,ride that shit dont do nothing silly,its not can only hurt you,it can also kill you.ride safe man,wheelie or for dummy

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
sounds like dude's already poppin wheelies- but wants to try some serious stuntin'- why wouldn't us gearheads want to try to help?

OP- please don't be street stuntin- & wear safety gear ~don't make any of us wish we hadn't made suggestions by scuffin yourself up real bad.

we're all adults-or trying to be- responsible for our own lives -but also responsible to the parents who raised us, and the friends who care for us - don't ride above your head, that mistake (or someone elses bad driving) could be your last ride, with only those who cared for you left living to deal with the pain.
SO, RIDE SAFE!!!

tenntouge said:
ok so I looked it up and the stock sprocket size for you bike is 16/46 so if you doing the 1 down two up you need 15/48

but let me go ahead and warn you that its no joke doing this conversion I went from 16/46 to 15/48 and my 600rr's front tire will pick up sometime in the lower gear when I don't want it to, just be careful and learn your wheelies at a slow pace, don't go for the gold you first time trying them
very well put.......... good luck- get pics!!

·
Registered
982 Posts
just go to the bike shop and tell them you want a 420 kit they will know :thumbup:

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
this dude's pretty cool- tad @ bellevue cycle. 615-356-7202 on the corner of old hickory/charlotte pike- he can get any part-oem or aftermarket and can install or give advice so you can do by self.. good friend of mine- he's CRAZY though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts