Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I purchased this car nearly a year ago, with a spun bearing. It ended up having crankwalked and spun numerous bearings, had 4 bent valves, among other ridiculous problems.. My intent was to swap a running motor into it and build another, but after buying a motor sight unseen, it had numerous bad bearings as well. At that point, I parked the car and have since been saving up for parts for the build..

The initial build is consisting of the following

JE Pistons
Eagle Rods
Crower Valve Springs and Retainers
Oversized Valves
Composite Head Gasket
ARP Head, Main, and Rod Bolts
All new maintenance items (timing stuff/oil pump/front case/strainer/valve seals/valve guides/etc...)
Balance Shaft Elimination Kit with a Ported Oil Relief
DNP MHI Flanged Mani
Ported, clipped MHI Big 16g with SBR install kit
FMIC with Short Route Intercooler Piping
Tenzo Lowering Springs
Prosport Boost and Oil PSI Gauges
AEM Uego Wideband Gauge
XTD Stage 3 Six Puck Clutch with a lightened OEM Flywheel
1G DSM BOV
Evo III o2 Housing

The break in period will be on low boost, and until the motor is broken in it will not receive any major fuel modifications or tuning... Most of the items above are already in my hands and are or will be installed soon. I am working on the assembly of the motor, but have yet to get everything needed to put it together. The motor received a lot of machine work including, boring .020 over, align honing, decking, valve seat grinding, crank has been resurfaced polished and recoated, among other miscellaneous things.

After I have broken the motor in and recooped a bit of money, the following will be added as well as a nice set of wheels, some of which is already here.

PTE SCM Turbo, undecided on specifics with braided feed and return
PTE 1000cc injectors
Walbro 255lphhp Fuel Pump
Aeromotive 1:1 AFPR with braided fuel lines
DSMLink for tuning my EProm ECU or going Megasquirt
BC 272/272 Camshafts with some sort of Cam Gears
Greddy Type R Bov

At this point I will be hoping to make somewhere in the range of 500 horsepower give or take.. My goals are high, but I believe it is possible with as much effort and money will be going into it.. I will make an effort to update as often as possible, but as I don't have my own camera, that will make pictures updates more difficult.. But, onto the pictures..

Bare Block

Installing Bearings

Another shot of the bearings

Assembly Lube

Installing the crankshaft

Plastigage

Awaiting the front case

View from the top

Piston Rings Installed

Rods and Pistons In

Got the transmission and motor mounts painted up

·
n00b
695 Posts
i recommend radford's towing service.

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
duncan said:
i recommend radford's towing service.
AAA is ur frind

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
bluetlr2001 said:
Looks like a hell of a build. It should be a good beast. Is it fwd or awd? One of these days im gonna build mine up.

im gessing it still has a stock tranny if i were you id start puting cash back for a shep tranny and if it is a FWD car id pick up a rebildable AWD tranny to ship off to shep and have him convert it to FWD becouse most likly ull kill ur stock tranny if your macking 500hp and using the puck clutch

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is FWD, sadly. Maybe one day I will find a Spyder shell and man up and make it AWD.

Stock tranny for now, expecting it to go at some point, but hopefully not before some money can be put together for a rebuild..

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
AaronD said:
It is FWD, sadly. Maybe one day I will find a Spyder shell and man up and make it AWD.

Stock tranny for now, expecting it to go at some point, but hopefully not before some money can be put together for a rebuild..

well fare woring with you running that puck clutch and making that much power you might want to start scraping cash together

·
Registered
250 Posts
We would have almost the same build a few different things. But we put a 6 bolt in mine. My next thing is a new FMIC and a bigger turbo :D

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Awsome, Another DSM build. Def keep us updated with Tons of pictures!

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
rizfenix said:
good to see i won't have the only fwd and 7 bolt thats fast on tennspeed :mrgreen:
what you talking about fast i ant seen that thang move under its own power well ever :p call me ho bag

·
dsm whore
1,925 Posts
Nice.. i always have like the dsm's even though everyone hates there reliability.. Still IMO good car for the money and abundant aftermarket support. GL keep us updated

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright, well I haven't updated in a long time, but..

the motor is in, and should be running my midweek.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts