TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
toguetastic
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a whole build thread on preludepower.com, but i couldnt copy the whole thing over, so ill just post all the pics.
they should be pretty close to chronological order...
this is shortly after i got it. 144,000 miles, all stock.

then i really didnt take that many pics of it for a while. i decided to repaint it because some previous owner had maaco'd it the cheap way and the paint sucked. i prepped and sprayed it myself. not perfect, but it was my first time so i think i did alright.

oh and its jacked up because i had also burned up the clutch because...
1.) it was old
2.) i drove it like i stole it all the time
3.) even while old and beginning to slip, i took it to the track on bfg traction t/a's and tried to grab 2nd gear
so i put in an exedy kit while also doing body work.
i finished the body work, resprayed it in 2000 honda formula red, and lowered it too. at the time it was just on ebay coilovers.

i drove it like that for a couple months then the b21a1 spun cyl #2 bearing, then walked the mains. its a crappy motor anyway. honda was experimenting with frm cylinder walls, which are very durable, but eat piston rings. most b21's die while burning a LOT of oil. so i ordered a b20a and dropped it in.
old...

rip b21

the bay...

the motor showed up in a freakin semi truck in my little street. delivery guy jumped the pallet jack down my crappy driveway all the way to my car.

rodney helped me prep the new motor a little. put on a new tb, water pump, tensioner pulley, and a few gaskets.

and here it is together and ready to drop. check out how the heat shield wasnt even or discolored. it came out of an automatic, probably 60k or so on the motor when i got it. it was in great shape. if you ever need to order a jdm engine, i would reccomend jdmtigerjapanese.com. good to do business with.

there it is first time being powered by the b20

after some cleaning and stuff...

went to pullapart and got a front lip off of a 1st gen teg, cut it up, painted it, put it on.

got some buddy club p1's and kumho ecsta's, along with a bunch of suspension stuff...

got an obx header, looked really nice but fitment sucked balls. returned it calling it defective. (i was one of the first with the product, got an introductory price in return for reviewing the product on preludepower, and then completely bashed the company.)
obx sucks.

and lately, its been looking like this.

so ive done a lot to it since then, but its not "out" yet, and i have no new pics.
so there you go, comments and stuff are welcome. i like feedback. thanks for looking.

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Very Nice Man :thumbup:

·
toguetastic
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks :) im pretty proud of it, and yeah most people let these cars go to crap. they are really great cars if you give them a chance. handles really well for an ff. lots more changes have been made, i just havent taken the pics yet, but ill post up when i do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
nice ride man! That has always been my favorite lude! Where are you in Smyrna? I live off rocky fork (behind home depot) or off of almaville near that humongeous church. Hit me up and I'll let you come get my speed on the road! lol
Jay

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
The old school shit always rocks! nice

·
n00b
695 Posts
i think ive seen it before. did you loan butler a lug nut key a couple weeks ago?

·
toguetastic
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah duncan thats me. and thanks everybody!
cmescoot, what do you drive? i actually go to that humongus church lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a red Mazdaspeed3. I haven't driven it (or started it for that matter) since october though. Ive been doing a huge build on it. I am actually anticipating it being ready to run tonight! Jabboss1 is going to head over and help me get a broken bolt out of my block where my turbo oil feed line goes. After that, its just a matter of pouring oil in it and backing her out of the garage! Swing on by and check it out. Id love to see your lude with that new block in it.
Jay

·
toguetastic
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sweeeet. not sure ive seen it around but sounds like a nice buildup. im not quite ready to start driving mine around yet, but ill be out soon. ill be at autox's, the bridge, import alliance meet, stuff like that. :)

·
International Administrator
9,621 Posts
i would burn it...and go buy something in this decade....give up. its fucking 18 yr old junk bucket....you fail

·
toguetastic
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
spoolie said:
i would burn it...and go buy something in this decade....give up. its fucking 18 yr old junk bucket....you fail
ummm... ok? are you always a douche? cause im new here.. so i wouldnt know.
and thanks redlude.

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
spoolie said:
who pissed in your ZIMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 20 of 51 Posts