Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
wewt....lemme see some more pics....I might buy it from you lol

jk jk, I know the plans for this one, hopefully itll be somthing that happens and is badass

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well the original plan was to 1j it but then it would be hard to take off so 3sgte is what I am REALLY checking into. I have been researching and finding out some crap so if anyone knows about that swap in the ae86 let me know something.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The 3SGT engine is said to be one of the hardest swaps. I would suggest builing up a 4AGE. Its already ni there and the Corolla does not need power. Work on suspension first. Get T3 (Techno Toy Tuning).

Let me know if you need any help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i know that it is suppose to be hard but not this hard. No but really I need to know if the oil pan and pickup tube can be changed out so I can set the motor in there straight instead of angled?

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
It really doesn't fit very well. Most of the 3S swaps that were actually done right use the Altezza parts, and those are not cheap.

You can turbo the 4A-GE with pretty good results, especially if you use the GZE short block.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well I finally got the stock engine running good and all the gauges working. All I had to do is rewire the coolant sensors and oil sensor, find all the vacuum leaks, get a new altenator, and retime it. This car was running ok with the timing mark straight up when it should have been almost 45 degrees to the right?

·
Registered
502 Posts
240rice said:
well I finally got the stock engine running good and all the gauges working. All I had to do is rewire the coolant sensors and oil sensor, find all the vacuum leaks, get a new altenator, and retime it. This car was running ok with the timing mark straight up when it should have been almost 45 degrees to the right?
I have no idea. I have to retime my engine as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts