Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i goth a 97 240sx i make to 5 speed but my rpm are to high around 1300 1500 the guy who did the swap says the reason is because my computer is 4 an automatic transmission is that true or is somehow i can wired so it doesnt do that anymore i apreciate any help tanks

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Are you related to turbo vw cause you spell about the same as him?
Ill help him out and put an english spin on this shit for you

I have a 1997 240sx that i had converted to 5 speed. Now my rpm's run to high (they stay around 1300-1500 rpm). The guy who did the conversion said the reason it revs high is due to the fact i have an ecu for an automatic transmission. Would this cause my engine to rev high like this or the mechanic just a dousche and doesnt want to fix what he didn't do right without being payed more money then what he already robbed me for?
i think thats it yo. I took spanglish in high school ;)

·
Fresh Tunes
225 Posts
Yes, Automatic ECU's make the RPM go up by 300-500 RPM, The reason for this is because auto trannys have a constant load on the car when it is in drive, therefore the car would die from the load if it was not set high enough. When you go manual there is no load and so your motors idle is higher. Get a manual ECU and you should be fine, or just deal with the higher idle. Just think of it as a faster way to get your car warm in the morning.

·
180sx kouki aero>chuki
1,196 Posts
Yes, Automatic ECU's make the RPM go up by 300-500 RPM, The reason for this is because auto trannys have a constant load on the car when it is in drive, therefore the car would die from the load if it was not set high enough. When you go manual there is no load and so your motors idle is higher. Get a manual ECU and you should be fine, or just deal with the higher idle. Just think of it as a faster way to get your car warm in the morning.
The truth. +1

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry bro, I was pretty drunk last night just to let you know and really my spelling and grammer isnt that good unless I am plastered. But best of luck getting your car running right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.