Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Which color/finish/color combo

My Volk TE-37 rebuild thread

10K views 184 replies 48 participants last post by  gen2_4door 
#1 ·
Alright guys so i know everyone on here has always talked crap about my Volks being abused or garbage. Well first off i would just like to say to those people, go buy more rotas and STFU. Now on to better things...

So i have been dealing with the contractor's insurance company in order to replace my bent TE and things haven't been going well. They will NOT budge with offering me 50% of the cost to replace the wheel. They keep arguing that they dont have proof it happened on their job site. SO... i decided to look around to see about getting the bend fixed and stumbled upon a new wheel retailer here in Murfreesboro called, WHEEL WORKZ. I spoke with the guys up there and figured out that they can fix the bend, but cant guarentee the paint to match. I also stopped by PowderPro and spoke with them about having the wheels powdercoated. Some of you may know Zong had his blue Enkei's done there at PowderPro so you know they do a pretty damn good job.

This is where i am stuck. I cant decide what i want to do with the wheels. I have many options as far as paint, powdercoating, and refinishing. I'm sure most of you know what the wheels look like as they are, but here a pic of them on the car to help out with the opinions and some pics of the colors too.

See less See more
#120 · (Edited)
Thanks alot guys. Sorry i'm not able to get on here more often to update. But i am going over to PowderPro today and hopefully picking them up. And will snap some pics with the camera so i can show you guys. I may get the stickers in today or tomorrow.

Yes the wheels and lugnuts have been done in a 2 stage powdercoat. The first stage was the gloss black and the second was a cover coat. Im really hoping they turned out like i wanted them to. Here's a few sneak peak snaps Duncan took for me before the 2nd stage was done.

Attachments

#129 ·
Alright guys I picked up the wheels yesterday. They aren't quite what i expected, but they're still pretty fuckin awesome. I've got pics on my camera but dont have a way of getting them onto my photobucket right now. So you guys will have to wait til tomorrow morning to see the pics!!! Hahahahaha

#131 ·
Alright guys. The wait is somewhat over. I sent some pics from my phone to my photobucket. So the pics arent so great, but here's a couple in direct sunlight to show of the metallic flake in them.

#134 ·
HA! Those would be the most expensive boat wheels i've ever seen!!! I couldn't imagine paying $2K for wheels on a trailer!

But like i said, thats the way they look in direct sunlight. When they're not in the sun, they're black. I think they will look 1000X better when i get the decals put on. They will hopefully be in today.

#136 ·
The decals are the Time Attack models. They are black and red. And i think they will look pretty good on there too. Oh and i put on my Rays valve stems and dice caps last night. They really turned out pretty cool.

#149 ·
because im curious to see your "rice" and trust me i do know how to spell. hard to type while driving.
you shouldt be typing while driving! that is dangerous for you and more important the ones around you ......now back to what i drive .. i sold my car for a more green fuel efficient toyota prius with factory xenon head lights not any of these knock off ebay 8k bullshit kits like you ricer boys rock in smyrna

#153 ·
LMAO at the this page... Huff-n-doback is so full of shit and you guys are just feeding him more and more... I know him, and you guys should just calm down... you all getting butt hurt and its awesome to read through

haha he drives a more pollutant vehical than most cars on here... not a prius but yeah i wont ruin all his fun.

ANYWAYS>>> they look great paul now get em on the car.

#154 ·
LMAO at the this page... Huff-n-doback is so full of shit and you guys are just feeding him more and more... I know him, and you guys should just calm down... you all getting butt hurt and its awesome to read through

haha he drives a more pollutant vehical than most cars on here... not a prius but yeah i wont ruin all his fun.

ANYWAYS>>> they look great paul now get em on the car.
they really are getting all up tight for no reason but like you said the fun must go on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.