Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I swapped in my sohc zc last night. I got everything done and went to turn it over. I am getting fuel but no spark. I checked the connector from the harness to the dist and its not getting power! I checked the main fuses and the fuse box under the dash, along with connections and grounds. I am using the d15 intake manifold and harness. Any one have an idea?

·
V8 this....!
374 Posts
check your coil, when we swapped in my buddies z6 into a hatch to get rid of his d15, we had the same problem. it needed a new distributor the coil and ignition switch was bad.
let me know what the deal is.

·
Honda Challenge Racer
1,029 Posts
KillerRabbit said:
check your coil, when we swapped in my buddies z6 into a hatch to get rid of his d15, we had the same problem. it needed a new distributor the coil and ignition switch was bad.
let me know what the deal is.
x2 distributor/coil

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
se-real said:
So, I swapped in my sohc zc last night. I got everything done and went to turn it over. I am getting fuel but no spark. I checked the connector from the harness to the dist and its not getting power! I checked the main fuses and the fuse box under the dash, along with connections and grounds. I am using the d15 intake manifold and harness. Any one have an idea?
Its not even getting power to the distributor. Keep thinking further

·
Registered
698 Posts
fusable links.....are u sure all the grounds are connected....cause ive done the same thing b/f...the car wasnt getting spark at all and it didnt have power to the dis. i checked all the grounds and i missed 1 that was bolted to the tranny....i bolted it back on and it fired right up!!!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
280zx!!! said:
fusable links.....are u sure all the grounds are connected....cause ive done the same thing b/f...the car wasnt getting spark at all and it didnt have power to the dis. i checked all the grounds and i missed 1 that was bolted to the tranny....i bolted it back on and it fired right up!!!!
Yes and no. I did a quick briefing of the fuses and relays. I know that I have two grounds so. . . . maybe theres something I missed?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
280zx!!! said:
what ecu are u using? and there should be more than 2 grounds if im not misstaken....my integra had 4 or 5
Im running the stock dual point ecu. I have the ground from the valve cover and the ground from the battery to the block.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
what car did you put the engine in? what year is the engine? im guessing its in an EF, id try trashing that dual point ecu and snagging one out of an si for multi point. just my 2 cents, and im pretty sure there are more than 2 grounds

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
egfanatic said:
what car did you put the engine in? what year is the engine? im guessing its in an EF, id try trashing that dual point ecu and snagging one out of an si for multi point. just my 2 cents, and im pretty sure there are more than 2 grounds
Why would I change the ecu?! The car is a 91 ef hatch with a 88-91 sohc zc. Everything other than the block and head is d15 Dual Point. If you read my post, im running Dual Point!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts