Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people. I need some help with finding a car shipper. My situation is this. I have found a car that I am willing to trade the Z for and he lives in Houston TX. We both decided we would like it more just to ship each car to each other. Im trying to find aout basic info such as where I go to setup somthing like this, a good company to go through for this, how much it is gonna cost. Trying to get elp so please lets keep this on topic and with answers or help. Thanks.

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
it would cost less to meet in the middle than to ship ,

·
I drive a 5.SLOW mustang
994 Posts
jabboss1 said:
thats a long ass way to drive a car you have never driven before
the trip back i mean
hope its all its said to be

btw what is it?

·
EF U
2,510 Posts
sprayN306 said:
jabboss1 said:
i think i would rather take that chance. so u can see the car in person & see if it is everything he said it is.
instead of getting shipped a car & it ends up being a piece.

·
Registered
954 Posts
HedTrip said:
sprayN306 said:
jabboss1 said:
i think i would rather take that chance. so u can see the car in person & see if it is everything he said it is.
instead of getting shipped a car & it ends up being a piece.
x2. It would save you more money, more wait, and you couldn't be frauded or misleaded. As good as you took care of that Z you deserve something really great, I'd hate to see you get screwed over or disappointed.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Yea I was going t have a 93 Integra GSR shipped from FL to my house,
he only wants 2kobo so I checked, $700-800 was the average.

I went to one site, filled out the information and got emails from 15 different shipping companies
and A phone call from each one.

Id drive though. Rather see it in person first.
If I was shipping, it was only 2k. your talking about an expensive car. not something cheap

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its to long of a drive, 13 hours 1 way to be exact, when you put in gas, food, and lodging it would probably be more expensive and also just annoying to drive, and I have pictures of the car, as well as videos of the car driving. its a 2003 mach1 with 93k miles, exhaust, intake, cobra 6speed tranny, cobra R wheels, matrix seats, comes with a diablo hand tuner and a brand new nitrous kit. It worth it to me to do this since it will be worth more than im asking for the Z and easier to sell. thanks for the input so far.

·
a.k.a tripleJr35
1,940 Posts
I would buy a cheap southwest or spiritairlines ticket and check it out first dude, or let him run it by a ford dealer or a carmax and have them instpect the car AT LEAST.

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Yeah, my dad decided to have his Porsche 928s shipped instead of going to pick it up and lets just say if he had seen it first, he would have never touched the car.

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Like I said, its worth the risk to me.....The Z is apparently not selling due to flakers, and ill just hafto keep dropping the price. I will have videos of him driving the car, i even heard him driving it over the phone so I know it cant be TO big of a piece. It looks fine on the pics, and i get videos tonight. Anyway, triple J I called that place....it would be 595 each, which is not bad at all, but I still need some other options.

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
gas, food, and hotel doesnt add up to 600 for me???? around 300 for a 1 day trip...wow waste money.

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
drive to houston is 300 bucks there and back. Food 100 hotel 70 for 2 days. Ship from here to houston is about $400

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
AutoLuxuryGTR said:
drive to houston is 300 bucks there and back. Food 100 hotel 70 for 2 days. Ship from here to houston is about $400
meet halfway...its a 12 hr drive...one nite hotel...drive back..its a 1 day trip amir. 100 for food...damn, im fat and i dont eat 100 in 2 days.

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
YOu could do what i do and tell him you live in indiana and the car is in nashville. You will drive down and get the car and meet him in Little rock!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts