Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

need some of you so called smart honda guys help

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  randallss 
#1 ·
ok i rebought an ef that me and my buddy built last year only reason i have a honda project is because they are supposedly cheap reliable and easy to find parts for. now heres my problem they car had a 4spd zc in it which isnt a good combo. we bought a 5spd trany for it i bought new exedy clutch and throw out bearing put them on put the trans back on only to find that one of you cool honda kids sold us a trans with a broke shifter fork, im not gunna name names but we got ripped off....im trying to get the car ready for import alliance so i bought a si trany and had it delivered to put in my car paid my buddy to do it cuz of work i didnt have time to do it he tries puttin it in all day and it wont click in we think its the clutch out of line go on 4 trips to get a pilot alignment tool because they told us it was different sizes each time even redell honda so finaly i took it off take it where ever and make sure we get the right size pilot tool only to find out the new clutch wont even fit the si for some gay reason that no one has ever mention or that i could find after searching....w/e another supposedly smart honda friend tells me yeah they are different i can get you the si clutch by tommorow morning, i had surgery today but my dad got the clutch for me brings it home guess what same mother fucking size and doesnt fit the si trany, i now have hundreds of dollars of tranys and clutches laying around and lost money for paying my buddy for his labor i have realy lost my interest in this car can some one shed light as to wtf is up with the trans not fitting it is an L3 i bought from a tennspeed member and came out of an si crx

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·

did it already the 4 speed had 20 teeth the 5 speed had 20 teeth the exedy clutch had 20 teeth the l3 trans has 21 so bought the si clutch guess how many teeth it has after honda people told me that what i needed....20 teeth

Discussion starter · #6 ·
sorry smart honda kid your post doesnt help at all keep moving

Discussion starter · #7 ·
and jesus christ so now i have another useless trnas sitting around or gunna have to buy another clutch....is the pilot bearing even the same size

Discussion starter · #9 ·
i dont need to emphasize what part i was sold a busted 5 speed and an si trany from and 88 after being told it was 89 and a si clutch that was no different then the other 2 i have i dont know how to tell you any other way yes i know its a 21 tooth clutch its been counted multiple times and idk what you are talking about fixing no one asked you to fix anything and you cant check a tranmission or clutch over it is what it is wat you gunna do go against reliable peoples words and bust a trans open to look at it???

Discussion starter · #11 ·
dude it clearly states it s a zc you arent helping me anyways i found out what i needed any ways i was just ripped off again being told the trans was something it wasnt the 4 speed is just gunna have to go back in it now

Discussion starter · #16 ·
they didnt have 4 speeds but when we opriginaly built it it was my buddies daily abd he neede to drive it so we had no choice yeah pulling the motor to put the trany back on is probably easier but oh well im not doing it this time around...and dud idk what yall are talking about im not looking to hire someone to put it in i was looking to find out why the trany wouldnt work but i know now and im typing a clusterfuck cuz they have me on codene and tabs lol wasnt meaning to be a dick either just tired
thanks for everyones help tho

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.