Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new daily driver. I got tired of being pelted by rain on the Suzuki, especially since it rained all week long. Picked it up for a steal. $400, and then about $200 in parts. Still a few things need to be fixed, but that'll come. On to the showcase.

As it is, it's just my daily driver when it's not nice enough to ride my bike, or when I have to haul people/things. But I do have goals and this is kind of my showcase/build up thread. I have ideas of what I want to do, as well as a repair list.

Repair List!
Fix Four Wheel Drive.
Fix Front Speakers.
New Headliner.
Fix Rust Holes in Rear Quarters/Doglegs and Front bottom door.
Paint over fixed rust holes

Enjoyable(to me) DD
Drop it.
Tint the Windows
Paint it.
Paint Old Wheels/Possible New Wheels.
Possible Engine Transplant. (Vortech V6?)

It's definitely not the perfect vehicle as it stands, but the engine's been rebuilt, and it was definitely worth the price.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
StatixNWH said:
why would you drop a 4x4? thats the most retarded thing
Because I don't plan on ever using the 4-Wheel Drive. I'm only fixing the 4 wheel drive because it'll bother me otherwise.

The criticism is appreciated, though.

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
If your not gonna use it then why fix it? IMO dropping it will look dumb just drive it.

·
Get Busy Living
4,218 Posts
maaco paint job and tinted windows you have yourself a DD...out of what you selected

·
Registered
26 Posts
coreylolz said:
Just picked up my new daily driver. I got tired of being pelted by rain on the Suzuki, especially since it rained all week long. Picked it up for a steal. $400, and then about $200 in parts. Still a few things need to be fixed, but that'll come. On to the showcase.

As it is, it's just my daily driver when it's not nice enough to ride my bike, or when I have to haul people/things. But I do have goals and this is kind of my showcase/build up thread. I have ideas of what I want to do, as well as a repair list.

Repair List!
Fix Four Wheel Drive.
Fix Front Speakers
New Headliner.
Fix Rust Holes in Rear Quarters/Doglegs and Front bottom door.
Paint over fixed rust holes

Enjoyable(to me) DD
Drop it.
Tint the Windows
De-Badge it.
Paint it.
Paint Old Wheels/Possible New Wheels.
Possible Engine Transplant. (Vortech V6?)

It's definitely not the perfect vehicle as it stands, but the engine's been rebuilt, and it was definitely worth the price.
its a gas raper... but.. funny think is, is it will probably give 60% of the civics on the forum a run for their money :p

·
fire breathing triangle
487 Posts
[/quote]its a gas raper... but.. funny think is, is it will probably give 60% of the civics on the forum a run for their money :p[/quote]

doubtful ive had on like it and they are turds unless you advance the timing all the way on distributor and then its still not impressive but i coundnt get mine stuck of kill the engine, i was hunting one time and the road was flooded bad and i proceeded to drive through it and the water was deep enough that it was over the hood while driving in it and you could here fan slapping the water and it still just truck throuh it

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Not what i would call a dependable daily drive but whatever you like. I would lift it, but knobby tires on it and off road the shit outta it. Smash into trees and such. Prolly end up leaving it in a creek somewhere. lol

·
Registered
237 Posts
Nice i hate the 2.8 tho they normally have tons of problems. I had a 91 blazer 4X4 with the 4.3 vortec it was a great 1K beater with 224K. It still runs and i see it everywhere. I miss that thing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Jumping it has been the best suggestion so far :wink:

Also, it will not rape any civics. It takes me an hour to get up to highway speeds. Electric cars put bus lengths between me and them.

Painted the grill and rear spoiler today, and painted over the rust areas, just until I can take some time to fix them. Laziness for the win. It's lookin' nice.

..Besides all the rust.

·
Registered
268 Posts
agreed on the jumping status

1 - 20 of 21 Posts