Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Authentic SiR

• J's Replica

New Lip Which do you think?

5K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  boosted s14.5 v2 
#1 ·
I'm wanting a new lip for Midori since my Carbon Fiber Replica J's Racing lip is about to break in 2.

I'm tryin to decide between

1. CTR Replica Urethane/ABS Plastic Lip

2. Mugen Replica Urethane Lip

3. Authentic JDM SiR Lip

4. Try to find another Carbon or Urethane J's Replica

I'm kinda leaning towards the Authentic SiR one cause it'll probably mount and fit the best. But I also like CTR Replica because I love the CTR lips for 96-98 and it's cheap.

See less See more
#9 ·
Looks like I'm gettin the CTR Replica lip then. It's the least expensive one too :thumbup: I may try to get a CTR Replica rear lip too to go with it.

#16 ·
already ordered the CTR Lip. I tried to find another J's replica but could only find real ones which are more than I can afford. The CTR Replica after shipping was $144 and black so I can just throw it on without paint (it will eventually be painted when I'm not broke as fuck like I always am).

#18 ·
I figure since the car is fugly as hell without a lip and my Carbon one is, well, black and also rides up on the bumper, it ought to look fine. Soon after I may go for a CTR Replica rear lip as well but I'll probably have to have my exhaust adjusted for that since it's real close to the bumper.

#19 ·
OK, someone tell me. Does Weaksauce parts usually take this fuckin long to do shit. I'm seriously pissed. It took 5 days for the charge to appear on my Paypal (secure card one time use Mastercard) and here we are another 5 days after that and the website says it still hasn't shipped and even says I haven't payed. WHAT THE FUCK!!! I'm bout to call their asses, ask for a fuckin refund and spend an extra $35 buyin the same fuckin thing from Password JDM ($179 with free shipping and usually ships in 1-2 business days according to the site, Weaksauce was $99 with $45 shipping) . I've got shit from them before without probs.

#20 ·
OK, my lip finally came in (2 weeks and 5 days) but I've hit a snag...... Mounting hardware came with and I was thinkin, hell yeah BUT, no instructions came with it. Shit. Now I gotta figure it out or just mount it the same way as the Carbon lip.

#23 ·
well from the looks of the hardware, parts of it looks like it mounts to stock points. If I can't figure that shit out, I'm just gonna mount it the same way as the carbon lip was.

But ummm, GGP2JZ, didn't your lip fall off at one point?

#24 ·
Well after looking around my bumper, I couldn't find anywhere the little brackets that came with it could fit so I assume it's just generic hardware the company that made it puts in with all lips. So I just mounted it like the old one:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.