Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this a few weeks ago i traded my ae86 for this which had no title and got this which has a clean title :D and a straight frame and fairly straight body.

the body is not perfect yet but i just pulled it in to the shop today to get the body straight then paint it so i thought i would put the photos up of how it was when i got it these are pics from the previous owner. and i will update the thread as i do the work to it. :thumbup:

few stats for this thing as it stands now and the future plans :D

right now:
- ls swap with gsr trans
- rota sub zeros with nitto neo-gen tires
- H&R Race Spring
- Eibach Pro Dampers
- Enjo Polyurethane swap mounts
- Speed Innovations ECU
- JDM EG6 Guage Cluster

things to come:
- new white paint
- put my volks on it and refinish them also
- put the b16b in it
- put the teins on it
- hondata s200
- hks hi-power muffler on 2.5" pipe
- blue racing seats of some kind
- and i am maybe building a roll cage for it in class :D

here are the old pics now sorry for the long post. also most all of this will be done in time for IA in july

lol don't ask about the sticker in this one lol also i already fixed the hole in the tail gate today. :thumbup:

also like all ways fell free to leave some coments and let me know what you think just don't be a major D*ck comments positive and negative are cool. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Black05-SRT4 said:
Looks like a fun project.
yeah it will be fun. :thumbup:

Drac said:
I would rather have the ae86 but hey at least you are legal now
Yeah i really wish i could have keep the AE86 but i didn't have the time to mess around and try and get the title so this will work for now. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
few things i've fixed and a few problems i've found.

the hole in the tail gate is no more. :D and the drifting sticker.

just about every roof support is bent down and separated from the roof looks like some one ran up the hood and over the roof. :?

fenders off so i can hammer and dolly the dents out.

also this one is kinda a question there is a hole cut in the bumper from where they had a muffler at one time i guess my question is would that be too much of an angle for a HKS muffler? i am gona make the pipe and run it out there maybe but i almost thing it would be angled way to much just let me know what you guys think.

i will be posting more pics around friday with all the body work done and all the spots that i had to fill primed and hopefully i will have it painted in about 2 more weeks. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ventolin said:
Looks like a fun project, good work on getting that hole fixed. can't wait to see it after paint.
yeah i can't wait to see it painted either. :thumbup: and maybe you and/or zac could help me out with some photos after it is done :D

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some more pics of the progress so far.

the hatch with the hole fixed and the emblem holes shaved.

Dashboard out and ready to spray the inside of the car. and also paint the dash black.

antenna hole shaved cause the antenna was broke off.

just another small update there will be more next week, or maybe tomorrow if i get a lot done.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wire tuck started

here are some more pics of this project i have a friend helping with the body work at school so i have started wire tucking the car i wasn't going to do this until i started swaping the engine but i figured that this would be as good a time as any.

so far i have most of the side harnesses out and the passenger side is tucked as of today and the driver side will be on monday.

here are some pics of the progress so far.

that is all for now and when this part of the tuck is done it will be cleaner and i am gona tuck the engine sub harness when i swap my b16b into the car. :thumbup:

let me know what you guys think of the progress so far.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
khmeraccord said:
just asking,would you sale your stock muffler?if you put your new 1 one on,and how much?
sorry can't do it, it is going on to my other hatch that i am selling to a friend but there is a stock integra muffler on CL right now i will pm you the link.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
IH8DSM said:
not bad check out chase bays too they have some killer tucks i think
yeah i have been looking at other tucks to get ideas for things i am gona do and i have a pretty good idea so far of what i want it to look like when i am done and i can't wait to get it done.

only thing i don't see doing is the brake line tuck :p but maybe down the road somewhere.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
invisibledemon said:
are youplanning on painting the engine bay too?
i kinda hope so, or at least dirty up that valve cover. lol. the clean cover stands out very much.
yeah i am gona paint the bay while i am swap my b16b into the car. :thumbup:

but for now i guess i could rub some grease on the valve cover i will do it on monday and get you a pic :p :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yeah they do, it's just something i don't fell like doing right now. it looks really clean but very time consuming but who knows i might do it while i am swapping the engine.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ventolin said:
Chase does the brake line tucks ;) I think he sells a kit but I'm not for sure. His prices are insanely good, too.

www.chasebaysonline.com

$250 all OEM, the A.N. stuff will run you more.
I think i will do the brake line tuck when i put my roll cage and yeah the prices on all chasebays stuff is really good, but most of this tuck is going to be D.I.Y. just for the experience. so next time i do this i will be a lot fast. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
zach_06 said:
i found the thread!!! lol

ya you got the better end of the deal for sure.

and i was thinkin on a eg the stock harnesses should reach to the bottom middle of the bay where u could drill a hole under the heater core and put the main harness threw there.

but im not 100% im more of an ek person :p
lol yeah i know you love them eks and i am still not sure if i want to drill the holes like we talked about :? but i might i will see when i get my other engine in it.

also zach when are you gona tuck the EM1? :mrgreen:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
zach_06 said:
sil84 said:
zach_06 said:
i found the thread!!! lol

ya you got the better end of the deal for sure.

and i was thinkin on a eg the stock harnesses should reach to the bottom middle of the bay where u could drill a hole under the heater core and put the main harness threw there.

but im not 100% im more of an ek person :p
lol yeah i know you love them eks and i am still not sure if i want to drill the holes like we talked about :? but i might i will see when i get my other engine in it.

also zach when are you gona tuck the EM1? :mrgreen:
prolly never lol
i hear that it is a lot of work, and also since you still aren't sure if you even want to keep the em1 why tuck it..... :p

but it would look really good on the em1 :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
another progress update.

got the roof rails back up now, and finished the headlight harness tuck, the engine harness will be getting tuck when i swap the engine so for now the engine harness is just getting plugged in were ever. also almost done with the custom fuse box holder will have pics of it tomorrow when we are done with it and also should have the interior preped for paint tomorrow.

well here are the pics.

this is my fort for now :p {seriously they are just there to hold the roof rails up while the adhesive dried}

the only thing i had to cut so far while tucking. i am fixing this tomorrow. :thumbup:

well that is all for now i will have some more pics up tomorrow or Thursday. :thumbup:

also let me know what you all think of the progress so far. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Deano_d said:
Great job so far, pressure wash the engine bay soon please!
not cleaning the bay cause when i get the car home from the shop i am droping the motor and respraying the engine bay after i get the rest of the harness tucked and the holes shaved and filled. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
zach_06 said:
drill the hole under the heater core it will look cleaner.

and remove every bracket possible lol
i will see if there is somewhere i can run them in with out drilling but if not i will drill the holes if i have too.

and every bracket that is not needed will be gone. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ok another update for everyone, today we got all of the body work primed and the interior is sprayed white just have to spray the clear tomorrow :thumbup:

that was a short update but so much work to day got done. now onto the pics.

the interior all taped up before the paint.

before the spot prime.

after spot prime

here are the interior pics after the white base coat.

me just being goffy after a long day of painting.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.