Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
21 - 40 of 421 Posts

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
IH8DSM said:
not bad check out chase bays too they have some killer tucks i think
yeah i have been looking at other tucks to get ideas for things i am gona do and i have a pretty good idea so far of what i want it to look like when i am done and i can't wait to get it done.

only thing i don't see doing is the brake line tuck :p but maybe down the road somewhere.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
invisibledemon said:
are youplanning on painting the engine bay too?
i kinda hope so, or at least dirty up that valve cover. lol. the clean cover stands out very much.
yeah i am gona paint the bay while i am swap my b16b into the car. :thumbup:

but for now i guess i could rub some grease on the valve cover i will do it on monday and get you a pic :p :thumbup:

· Banned
2,252 Posts
sil84 said:
IH8DSM said:
not bad check out chase bays too they have some killer tucks i think
yeah i have been looking at other tucks to get ideas for things i am gona do and i have a pretty good idea so far of what i want it to look like when i am done and i can't wait to get it done.

only thing i don't see doing is the brake line tuck :p but maybe down the road somewhere.
i think they have those

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
yeah they do, it's just something i don't fell like doing right now. it looks really clean but very time consuming but who knows i might do it while i am swapping the engine.

· Registered
234 Posts
i found the thread!!! lol

ya you got the better end of the deal for sure.

and i was thinkin on a eg the stock harnesses should reach to the bottom middle of the bay where u could drill a hole under the heater core and put the main harness threw there.

but im not 100% im more of an ek person :p

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ventolin said:
Chase does the brake line tucks ;) I think he sells a kit but I'm not for sure. His prices are insanely good, too.

www.chasebaysonline.com

$250 all OEM, the A.N. stuff will run you more.
I think i will do the brake line tuck when i put my roll cage and yeah the prices on all chasebays stuff is really good, but most of this tuck is going to be D.I.Y. just for the experience. so next time i do this i will be a lot fast. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
zach_06 said:

and i was thinkin on a eg the stock harnesses should reach to the bottom middle of the bay where u could drill a hole under the heater core and put the main harness threw there.

lol yeah i know you love them eks and i am still not sure if i want to drill the holes like we talked about :? but i might i will see when i get my other engine in it.

also zach when are you gona tuck the EM1? :mrgreen:

· Registered
234 Posts
sil84 said:
zach_06 said:

lol yeah i know you love them eks and i am still not sure if i want to drill the holes like we talked about :? but i might i will see when i get my other engine in it.

prolly never lol

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
zach_06 said:
sil84 said:
zach_06 said:

prolly never lol
i hear that it is a lot of work, and also since you still aren't sure if you even want to keep the em1 why tuck it..... :p

but it would look really good on the em1 :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
another progress update.

got the roof rails back up now, and finished the headlight harness tuck, the engine harness will be getting tuck when i swap the engine so for now the engine harness is just getting plugged in were ever. also almost done with the custom fuse box holder will have pics of it tomorrow when we are done with it and also should have the interior preped for paint tomorrow.

well here are the pics.

this is my fort for now :p {seriously they are just there to hold the roof rails up while the adhesive dried}

the only thing i had to cut so far while tucking. i am fixing this tomorrow. :thumbup:

well that is all for now i will have some more pics up tomorrow or Thursday. :thumbup:

also let me know what you all think of the progress so far. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,834 Posts
Great job so far, pressure wash the engine bay soon please!

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Deano_d said:
Great job so far, pressure wash the engine bay soon please!
not cleaning the bay cause when i get the car home from the shop i am droping the motor and respraying the engine bay after i get the rest of the harness tucked and the holes shaved and filled. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
zach_06 said:
drill the hole under the heater core it will look cleaner.

and remove every bracket possible lol
i will see if there is somewhere i can run them in with out drilling but if not i will drill the holes if i have too.

and every bracket that is not needed will be gone. :thumbup:

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ok another update for everyone, today we got all of the body work primed and the interior is sprayed white just have to spray the clear tomorrow :thumbup:

that was a short update but so much work to day got done. now onto the pics.

the interior all taped up before the paint.

before the spot prime.

after spot prime

here are the interior pics after the white base coat.

me just being goffy after a long day of painting.

21 - 40 of 421 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.