Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stern

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
2JZ32Wut???
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i recently got a 300zx... the first thing im doin is fixin the bad turbo and then right after gettin my hks exhaust... but i wanted to do rims next because the paint is okay and there is already a body kit on it... I have 2 different types in mind...

The stock G35 rims

Or some off brand Stern Wheels that i saw on ebay

Both Sets are !9" Staggered 8.5 in the front and 9.5 in the back... The only real difference is the Stern's have a 2.5" lip on the front and a 3.5" on the back... Its a toss up because the rubber would cost the same for them but the G35's can be much more expensive... also i think the G35 rims are goin to be heavier because of them being Chrome... so im askin... What do you guys think???

·
Registered
704 Posts
Stern.. between those two b/c i dont think chrome looks right on cars like this.

·
dsm whore
1,925 Posts
G35 rims even if they cost more. The one thing many people do with there cars is skip out on things. Don't go one route JUST because its cheaper. You have to think of it in longtivity. You don't want some off brand rims because who knows you may curb them and they fall apart or if there is a coat of clear on them it will begin to chip before others possibly. Trust me i have looked a long time at buying rims etc. for my car but choose not to because i didnt have funds unless i bought the cheapo stuff. IF you buy them i would do a little research just to make sure before hand. That being said i would still choose G35 rims because they look better my own .02 though.

·
Secret Agent
190 Posts
I had a set of those exact Stern wheels. Stern is a good brand, and the wheels I had seems very high quality. They are a little heavier than advertised, but still probably lighter than the chrome wheels. They looked really good on the car, but mine rubbed on my MR2 so I had to sell them. If I had to choose between those two I'd go with the Stern wheels.

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
G35 wheels, no question. Forged Ray's > Cast Stern.

·
Registered
431 Posts
pulled a u turn today after we saw u to check the car when we got back your sasquatch ass was gone but the car looks good...i like both wheels im thinking maybe g35's just cause oem is my style

·
fkn right!
1,278 Posts
Sagostino said:
pulled a u turn today after we saw u to check the car when we got back your sasquatch ass was gone but the car looks good...i like both wheels im thinking maybe g35's just cause oem is my style
hahahaha he called you sasquatch.

·
2JZ32Wut???
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
civicgsr said:
gah... if only i had 1400 cash now... i gotta get me some sport 500 turbos... they aint gonna be cheap... so the rims will have to hold off but keep the opinions coming... im still liking the stern rims cause i know for a fact the G35's are heavy as hell... although... i love the look of the G35 rims too... such hard decisions... sad face... lol

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
kitc5252 said:
im still liking the stern rims cause i know for a fact the G35's are heavy as hell.
19lbs front, 21lbs rear for the G35 wheels.

24lbs front, 26lbs rear for the Sterns.

Forged wheels are typically lighter and stronger than cast ones.

·
2JZ32Wut???
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Whatawookie said:
kitc5252 said:
im still liking the stern rims cause i know for a fact the G35's are heavy as hell.
19lbs front, 21lbs rear for the G35 wheels.

24lbs front, 26lbs rear for the Sterns.

Forged wheels are typically lighter and stronger than cast ones.
wow... that changes the perspective a lot... :? damn it... i hate this... lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts