12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally getting my D80 ... goin to pick up this package in 10 mins:

Wolf Camera said:
Nikon D80 DSLR Camera w/Nikkor 18-135MM F/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S Lens
Regularly $1099.99 - $200 Instant Savings = $899.99
Free $50 Gift Coupon
Free HP OfficeJet J4580 All-In-One Printer
ftmfw ... i knew once the D90 came out there would be some good deals - im sure once i buy this, it will be $100 less next week but whatever :p

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sure is

dont hate cuz you like Sony ... you and Amir should be buddies :D

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'm gonna be sellin my D50 and picking up a D90 soon. Was just gonna buy the 18-200VR for my D50 for $750, but the D90 18-105VR kit is only $1300. If I sell my D50 with the 18-55 kit lens for $400 I'll only have $900 in the D90 kit and it'll do WAY more than my D50.

Lenny, you're gonna LOVE the D80. In the 2 years that I've had my D50, I've taken over 15,000 pictures. I'm sure you'll be doing the same. I had thought about upgrading to that one till I found out about the D90:)

Anyone want a slightly used D50?:)

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chad - i hate the 18-55mm lens, thats why i didnt get it from adorama ... plus i got some more random free shit w/ the camera that wasnt listed (free digital prints and other random Wolf Camera stuff)

the question now is what size card to go with .... idk if 4GB is big enough, what do you guys think?

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
I like to use 2' 2gb SD cards. One is usually fine and I usually go with a JPG version of a shot and a raw file. I think it is like around 300 pics with both formats being saved. If it is only gonna be a raw format look it to be 500-600.

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
O and Lenny welcome to the DARK SIDE.

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
stewy, nobody asked you ... black man will rape you

·
International Administrator
9,619 Posts
you dont understand....i dont have to save to buy a camera...if i was into this shit i would have the best...enjoy your camera.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The D80 is an awesome camera. I've been shooting with mine for about two years now. The color is fantastic and about 98% of the shots I've made and posted only ever had a low sharpen and resize for web posting in Nikon PP. Just keep the ISO low and your pictures come out as good as any camera on the market.

Fast forward to two days ago, I picked up a D300, SB-600 flash, and a MC-30 remote. I went back to my favorite spots to test it against my D80 and I wasn't as pleased with the color as I am with the D80. I can set the D80 to Color mode llla, auto WB, NR on, etc and it produces awesome color.

Maybe I don't know enough about the D300 yet, but so far on it's high saturation mode, auto WB, etc., it didn't return as nicely saturated color for nightshots of cityscapes.

I'll keep reading and learning the D300 because maybe I missed a setting that bumps up the color, but for now I'm liking my D80 better for nightshots.

Later,
John

PS: Now accepting reasonable offers on my D80. :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts