Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 687 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've yet to see this topic . So time to bring it out !

My workspace .. Cold beer in hand as always ..

Desktop ..

DOH ! There has already been one. Oh well Updated shots then : p

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Actually I created a Post Your Desktop a while back. It's on page 2 but it's good to bring another forth.

Post Your Desktop Original

Here's my computer area in my room (Warning: Large amounts of University of Tennessee..... GO VOLS!!!)

Pics of the tower
The Honda X-Plorer: (X-Plorer is the name of the Case)

and this computer's desktop. Only difference between the pic and what it looks like now it the GTR2 icon is gone

and the Laptop's desktop

As you can might tell, I like the 97 Spec EK9.

G

·
very nice devin, whats the specs on that monitor?

I dont have any pictures of my computer setup at the moment, but i can post my desktop I suppose:

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Apple 30in HD Cinema Monitor .

30-inch (29.7-inch viewable)
2560 x 1600 optimal resolution
16.7 million colors
DVI Display Connector
2 port USB 2.0 Hub
2 FireWire 400 ports

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
well here's my temporary Windows Vista Beta 2 desktop. I'm waiting for my new Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB SATA3.0GB 16MB Cache Hard Drive to get here, and when it does I'll be back on Windows XP Home Edition SP2. My Maxtor 160GB IDE drive is failing in case you haven't read my rant thread. I'm running Vista Beta 2 off a 6 year old 20GB Western Digital IDE hard drive so it's slower than hell.

Can't wait for that new drive. I hope I can recover my anime off the failing drive. Someone told me to put it in the freezer to help it. Apparently it helps stabalize it temporarily so you can recover your crap before the drive dies completely.

G

·
nice evaluation copy of vista :p I have a real/legal copy of it but I havent decided to install it yet. Heard it has some compatibility issues at the moment, hows it working for you

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
well I'm using the Beta 2 only temporarily until my new hard drive gets here. I'm going back to XP Home when it does. I figured I'd monkey with Vista a little until I get my drive. I personally hate it compared to XP. So many little things piss off. XP to me was simple and easy to use while Vista has me constatly looking for my files cause it automatically organizes by date modified rather than alphabetical order. Plus it's a resource hog. It was stuttering way too much while trying to watch an episode of an anime. Even my laptop only stutters once while playing a video. This video on vista on my main rig stuttered about 10 or 12 times before finally smoothing out.

Keep XP on your machine. Unless you have one badass PC (at least an Athlon 64 X2 3700, and 2 GB of RAM and a decent video car, I have a single core 3500 with 1GB of RAM with twin GeForce 7600GT's, the video is good but the rest just feels lacking), do not install it.

1 - 20 of 687 Posts