TennSpeed banner

do you agree!!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone driven or rode or had the pleasure of an Evo?? it has been one of my dream cars since i saw an evo III in japan!! and i finally got one about a year ago. and i love it, what ever you have right now you should sell it and get an evo, sell all your belongings, everything you own.....BUY AN EVO, it is by far the most exhilarating car i have had the pleasure to drive/ride in!! i have had a few cars and driven a few, some few have ever had the chance to, and i would still get the EVO!! i drove the Elise, the porshe, the mercialago, the vette, etc.......i would still get the evo. THE MOST BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!!

j

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
The only real bad thing I heard about the Evo's, is the fact of how weak the OEM clutch is, especially when you start pulling more power out of the 4G63T.

I have never ridden/drove one. All the guys I ask for rides are douches. But I would love to drive one though ya know.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its got a an upgraded clutch....and im not a douch i let pretty much whoever wants to drive it, drive!! most, not everyone but most!!lol. and yes the clutch and the tranny are the weak spot in the car, but other than that its almost bulletproof!!

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
Yeah, like saturday night a BUNCH of cars met up at the Hasting's in Clarksville. There was a MINTY Evo 9 there that parked right next to me. He got out and I walked over to look at it, and he stopped me and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was looking at his car, and he told me not to. I was like, WTF what a dickhead.

Oh well. I still have my Baby too look at though;).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Their look really doesn't inspire me all that much. Not a hater though, just not something I would purchase myself. Would love to drive or ride in one someday. I am impressed by how well they run and how easy they are to modify. Too bad that that company is struggling in the US. I heard this weekend that the local dealership here in Madison is closing soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm really into the Evo5 still. for some reason, I just like it alot.

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
jdmpwr07 said:
i really like the evo...not sure if i would pick it over the sti though.
Im on evom.net and clubwrx

after reviewing both cars the evo is far superior that the sti....but there both to expensive and money pits IMO, and I wouldnt say sell all your stuff for one either lol :D

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
I don't know if I'd go as far to say its the best bang for the buck, or the single most desirable driving experience for the money..

But I do like them, and they are excellent cars!

If the Evo you own has made your driving experience so fantastic that a year later you're still taking about it like this, then that says alot for the car.

·
No LS...no care
4,416 Posts
StatixNWH said:
jdmpwr07 said:
Im on evom.net and clubwrx

after reviewing both cars the evo is far superior that the sti....but there both to expensive and money pits IMO, and I wouldnt say sell all your stuff for one either lol :D
i would just hate to buy a mitsubishi. ive heard they have horrible reliability. but i love the evo...almost as much as the sti :wink:

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
00Accord4cyl said:
Main thing that keeps me from getting an Evo is because it is a Mitsubishi...i sure love them though..You have driven an Elise though? How was that?
the elise......well its in a class all its own!! it has a N/A toyota 4 in the thing but it goes and goes like there is no rev limit on the thing. i hit close to 90 in 2nd, the freakin things are glued together and all sorts of carbon and composites. i say if you have the $$ get one. it was a life changing event to drive a car of that caliber, not because of power, because of the enginneering!!! it is a freak of automotive nature!! lol. if you get the chance, ride or drive no matter, take it.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ventolin said:
I don't know if I'd go as far to say its the best bang for the buck, or the single most desirable driving experience for the money..

But I do like them, and they are excellent cars!

If the Evo you own has made your driving experience so fantastic that a year later you're still taking about it like this, then that says alot for the car.
lets just say that every time i sit in that recaro bucket it makes me smile before i start that turbocharged 4 cylinder goodness. im not saying its the best car ever made, but it sure as h_** beats most in the fun/smile factor!! oh and my son likes the WHOOOOOSH!!! of the HKS SSQBOV, which makes me smile more than anything!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
jdmpwr07 said:
I went from a WRX to an STi to an Evo. I prefer the Evo over the STi, but I had nothing against the STi and would probably still be driving if it hadn't been totaled.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jdmpwr07 said:
i would just hate to buy a mitsubishi. ive heard they have horrible reliability. but i love the evo...almost as much as the sti :wink:
I've got 44k miles on my Evo. No problems so far. My WRX had 1st/2nd gears replaced at 8k miles under warranty. No problems with the STi after 24k miles. I know Mitsu's got a bad rep, but the Evos are pretty solid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just wondering if you still have the HKS SSQV on the car? I have heard different arguments about that particular BOV, especially if it vents to the air. Lately I have seen a lot of people selling that BOV on evom and other evo forums

·
Father Time
641 Posts
I'm not really a fan of awd but i'd take an evo over an sti. Weird enough though insurance is more on the evo than the sti. Maybe that will be my next car but idk.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Insurance is high because of the amount of accidents that involved evos versus production numbers, along with all other types of insurance claims.

A lot of stupid kids getting a hold of them and doing stupids things in em. driving too fast, drinking and driving, etc.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts