Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, the day I have been waiting on has arrived!

Operation Thunderhoof is going into effect tomorrow morning @ 10 AM.

The exact specifics will remain classified until the project is completed, the engine is in the car, and cranked for the first time and all the troubleshooting and bugs are worked out, but here's the basics.

I have a 351 Windsor Block that is being sent off to the machine shop tomorrow morning, for magnaflux, boiling, boring, line honing, and forged rotating assembly balancing and install, they're also going to paint the block silver (I'm not one of these tools that paints their fucking engine block bright baby blue or neon orange...wtf is that shit all about anyways?).

After all the machining is done and the rotating assembly is balanced and installed, I will be getting a completed forged shortblock good for up to 800 - 900 hp back from the machine shop.

Goal: 400-450 Naturally Aspirated Rear Wheel Horsepower.

The rest will be revealed later.

Don't expect this shit to be done by Christmas. It'd be nice, but realistically, maybe next summer if I'm real lucky, but realistically more like Christmas 2010 when it's all said and done.

This will be going in my 93 once it's all done and ready.

more pics to follow as it happens.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Fairly low compression with two giant valves in the center of the chamber?

·
Internet Warrior
5,476 Posts
i still see a better design in my head. one that makes air have less obstacles to escape.

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can anyone explain to me that retarded piston design?
1970's LTD station wagon, designed for hauling kids and groceries around, and what not. lol, that's why. from my understanding it was designed to help create torque but not horsepower.

needless to say those pistons will not be used on the new engine, and neither will that style of piston.

but that said, they were a fairly efficient engine and served it's purpose well. now it's time to serve a new purpose...straight up mean ass American Muscle Horsepower and torque.

Fairly low compression with two giant valves in the center of the chamber?
yep. probably an 8.5:1 or 9.2:1 compression ratio is my guess.

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
block has been dropped off at the machine shop!

Will be getting magnafluxed, boiled, align honed, bored, new freeze plugs, new cam bearings, and painted, then the forged rotating assembly will be installed, checked for tolerance.

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rotating Assembly to be ordered tomorrow!

4340 Forged Scat Crank (Internally Balanced)
Forged Probe Dish Pistons
4340 Forged Scat H-Beam Connecting Rods
Rod Bearings
Main Bearings
Plasmamoly Piston Rings

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
Dish pistons? Planning on F/I later?

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I had a 92 l coupe car with a 351w with eldebrock aluminium heads and intake with a holley 750 double pumper. It mad alot of torque that's for sure. Burn out king!

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pic of it before i sold it. Would have kept it and LSx'd it if it wasnt so rusty underneath.
did you sell it to some guy in Spring Hill? I coulda sworn I saw that car for sale on craigslist 2 months ago for sale listed by someone in Spring Hill.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
^^ I sold it to my cousin and then he sold it to a guy. Should look the same except it doesnt have the Deep dish bullets on the rear anymore. I swapped all the cobra brakes, and the cobra 8.8 rear end and disc brake rear myself. Also put in the cobra leather seats front and rear and the rear deck in the window. Car needed a different cam for sure. Ran high 12's on street tires. Good luck on your project though. I have a soft spot for Fox coupe cars, i just cant stand the aero on the GT's.

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^^ I sold it to my cousin and then he sold it to a guy. Should look the same except it doesnt have the Deep dish bullets on the rear anymore. I swapped all the cobra brakes, and the cobra 8.8 rear end and disc brake rear myself. Also put in the cobra leather seats front and rear and the rear deck in the window. Car needed a different cam for sure. Ran high 12's on street tires. Good luck on your project though. I have a soft spot for Fox coupe cars, i just cant stand the aero on the GT's.
that cobra 8.8 rear end with disc brakes, what year was it out of? I'm looking for an 8.8 rear end with disc and 5 lug, cause this 4 lug shit with drum brakes sucks ass.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
It was out of a 96 cobra. Had a complete totaled car and was going to put the 4v motor in the fox too but the car was just to rusty.

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
It was out of a 96 cobra. Had a complete totaled car and was going to put the 4v motor in the fox too but the car was just to rusty.
oh i see. i found a few 94/95 rearends for a reasonable price and I think I'm going to buy one of them to get rid of this 4 lug drum crap...why Ford put that junk on the mustangs I'll never know, but the 4 lug drum is horrible.

but a few months and I'll have this bitch comparably modded to how my blue mustang was. :loco:

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
pimp schnizzle.

found a complete 8.8", 5 lug rearend from a 96 Mustang GT with disc brakes, calipers, pistons, and rotors. going to pick it up at 2 pm.

·
Registered
6,253 Posts
So, you need 5 lugs for the front too, right? Or you gonna rock 5 lug rear and 4 lug fronts? ;)

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So, you need 5 lugs for the front too, right? Or you gonna rock 5 lug rear and 4 lug fronts? ;)
yeah I'll need to find a 5 lug conversion for the front, probably cost me about $300.

but I need to find some tires and wheels to put on it before the 5 lug stuff goes on.

·
Banned
3,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Forgot to mention Finally ordering my exhaust this week as well

2.5" MAC O/R H-Pipe
Pair of Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Chamber Mufflers

getting the windows tinted @ 5% in the next week or 2.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts