Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought the car in April, the calipers were rusted badly because the car is from Ohio. I figured I would take a wire brush and brake cleaner to them then paint them last week. When I got done cleaning them, I went to get some silver caliper paint from O'Reilly's. I tried to match the car color, but the paint is a little brighter. Check the before/after pictures and tell me what you guys think.

Before:

After:

The wheels were really dirty, so I cleaned my car yesterday and got a picture after I cleaned it...

After Cleaning:

·
Drives
3,052 Posts
Looks good, Anti-Seize would've worked also to change the color of your calipers to silver without
actually having to paint them. + Stops rusting mostly

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i never thought of anti-seize...i still have to do the driver's side calipers, it was late when i got done with the passenger's side. i'll probably end up doing it again when i change my rotors, but i might use anti-seize then.

i stopped the rust though, so that's a plus.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha i thought this thread was forgotten about. anyways, thanks guys!

·
Registered
121 Posts
umcool911ok said:
Looks good, Anti-Seize would've worked also to change the color of your calipers to silver without
How long would that last on your caliber if you used anti-seized? I never knew that...Does it cause any harm to the caliber?

·
Drives
3,052 Posts
Black3gGT said:
umcool911ok said:
How long would that last on your caliber if you used anti-seized? I never knew that...Does it cause any harm to the caliber?
Causes no harm, but the problem is that it does not last long. The easy thing is that is spreads on and you
just wipe it in. Painting would probably be better because it lasts longer. Anti-seize looks more professional and
stock than painting though. There are Pros and Cons on doing both

1 - 11 of 11 Posts