Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Never been, But would like to. I'd like to do the 24hr le mans one day.

So, any advice is I go? It'd be only for the race on Saturday since I work Friday.
Bring a good chair and umbrella, where are the best area to sit?

·
**Fast is Bueno**
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been 3 times, but I didn't go the last 2 years. We always end up going back and fourth through the infield between the 'esses' or right beside the infield tunnel. The best wrecks tend to be in the 'esses'. Wear comfortable shoes, bring sunscreen, light chairs, and a pop-up tent if you have one...and a cooler full of whatever. I have a big pop-up tent, and I'd be happy to share. I plan to do infield parking this year, that way I don't have to carry that big bastard very far. There's no Audi corral this year, which blows...I was hoping to park in some designated area like a corral. Not sure if the pop-up will fit in there anyway. If it rains, which I hope it doesn't, just bring a rain jacket. I was there for the race that ended early, and the rain was crazy, and it was cold as fuck.

·
Auto Enthusiast
1,511 Posts
Get there crazy early in the morning for good infield parking. Like before the sun starts to come up early. Walk all over the place...tons of great places to watch from. Outside of the back straight is usually empty and a great place to watch flat out speed.

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
Been a few years. Prepare to walk a lot of hills. Road Atlanta is an awesome track. You can get quite close.

I'm planning on going saturday.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
I won't get off work until 7am saturday, so It looks like I'll have to find someone to
work for me so I can get there early.

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
I won't get off work until 7am saturday, so It looks like I'll have to find someone to
work for me so I can get there early.
If you can get someone to even come in early. I left White House the first year at 4am and made it down there as the race started lol.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
lol yeah.
I made it to Atlanta in 2 hrs and 58 minutes... Once. lol I'm lucky I didn't get pulled over/jail.
But it normally takes me 4hs so I'll have to have someone come in for me the night before.

Would love to go though!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts