Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, many of you know I'm moving in a week...

Well one of my best friends and I were working on the car, I need to do some routine maintenance and shit before I drive 800 miles.. we swapped inner and outer tie rods, swapped some hoses, new coolant temp sensor, changed the oil, and replaced a broken exhaust manifold stud, gasket, and gaskets in the lower manifold. Fuel filter, some other crap.

Well, my neighbor is a Mexican and comes over to talk to me, even though he speaks no English. We go through the typical routine of him trying to explain something for 20 minutes while we just look at him and pretend to know what hes talking about. I guess he wanted to help, I saw him pick up a socket wrench?

I walk away, and hes gone, no big deal, right? Yoshi says he tightened a bolt up or something.

Well, I go out to my car a minute ago and notice he broke an exhaust manifold stud. I just replaced a broken one! And this one is broken off in the head where I can't get it out. Pisses me off!

Well I'm drunk now and hopefully I'll get over it, just puts me in a bad mood, I guess Im not mad at the guy but shit!!

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah its good man I don't have any time at the moment. Its broken off flush with the head so... its kind've a pain. I leave on Sunday so.. I won't really have much time to do anything but get this car back together and pack.

·
Registered
572 Posts
yeah i hear ya...it wouldn't take long at all to get it out but its cool

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
you leave in a week?
Im sure tennspeed could get that out and replace it for ya.

why else would we be here?

Not sure if I can personally help considering How far away I am, But I have a
stud extractor kit...
(there cheap at autozone)

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I may try and get it out on Saturday when I'm at Spoolie's. Someone got a spare exhaust manifold stud?

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! Feel a little better now. 6 pack of Bud Light w/ Lime didn't help, but after a few 24 oz Icehouse cans I'm good!

·
Super Moderhater
12,366 Posts
lol james ... only you have this kind of luck

lookin forward to saturday, will be a good relief from a full day of workin

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
v3 said:
Beat his ass.......

Where are you moving....I was unaware of this?
jesus christ where have you been, take your head out of your down-pipe and catch up mofo :lol:

·
pwned your mom...twice
6,174 Posts
redtop240 said:
Ventolin said:
6 pack of Bud Light w/ Lime didn't help
In accordance with the man code section 112.4 you are now on probation for the term of no less than 30 days.
Damn it, beat me to it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts