Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither, your gay

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one extra channel on my remote, right now its set up to do remote start, windows up, windows down, and activate my garage door. I have had both rev, and purge in the past, but went for a more practical garage door opener, but now I think I need to put one back on.

I can tie into the garage door channel, and have it do two things at once.

Remote rev well.....revs the engine, depending on how long I hold the button down it will either rev up a little, or I can let it scream to redline.

Remote purge well....purges the nitrous in a "V" pattern from both sides of my hood next to the headlight.

Remote rev I can do anytime, remote purge I have to have to bottle valve open, so I have to be pre-emtive.

In your opinion which would be better to put back on?

·
Romanian Ego
1,709 Posts
voted purge. when someone is around your car ..spray their ass :lol:

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
are u kidding? remote rev is terrible ... purge all the way

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
purge, theres a law in tennessee now that you cant have nitrous in the lines on the street big ticket if ya do. i also suggest a remote bottle opener because it cant be opened either.

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew about no open bottle, when did no charged line get passed?

I checked the laws 2 months ago, and only law was the bottle valve has to be closed, the line can be pressurized.

I need to get a remote opener, would be nice, but not necessary.

·
Romanian Ego
1,709 Posts
heh good to know about the nitrous law. i tought they are illegal to have in car period so mine was always covered

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
ive known about the law about it being in the lines last i heard they were wanting the bottles disconnected period but i dont think thats passed yet way just hid it and youll be good

·
Registered
859 Posts
And this is why you use a welded roll cage with no leaks as your nitrous tank with hidden lines. Noone will ever know.

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll check with tenn speed sport and performance concepts, they tend to have up-to-date info on the nitrous laws.
I suppose they have to in order to sell it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
drunkenmonkey said:
And this is why you use a welded roll cage with no leaks as your nitrous tank with hidden lines. Noone will ever know.
This is a really bad idea

·
No LS...no care
4,416 Posts
i voted option 3 cuz both sound stupid...what if the button gets stuck if your doing the rev thing. BOOM! and i think purging is stupid so yea :D

save your money!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would do purge if i were still in high school but now, i would use it on those damn kids that jump in front of my car on my girlfreinds street. So i vote purdge in case youve got some one in front of you and you want them to move.
I was downtown once and a guy was sitting on my hood when i came out to my car purge would be good for that too.

Im with brad on the rev thing id be to scared of blowing somthing up.

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jdmpwr07 said:
i voted option 3 cuz both sound stupid...what if the button gets stuck if your doing the rev thing. BOOM! and i think purging is stupid so yea :D

save your money!
The car shuts off if it revs past 5k..................Not to mention have you ever heard of a rev-limiter? Why would it go boom?

What money am I saving, its connecting a few wires and soloniods I have laying around............o_O

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ventolin said:
They're both kind of useless? lol
I agree, they serve no purpose whatsoever, but I have the option to do one or the other.

It's not like I am goinf to waste time and money.....purge could be done with one 6" piece of wire and some electrical tape in 2 minutes.

Rev can be done with 5' of wire, a door lock solonoid, and about 15 minutes.

I still don't know how you guys think my car will blow up if I rev it........................? Someone explain to me please

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
"blow up" is a bit of an exaggeration ... but its a waste of gas and it could get stuck revving since youre connecting electronics, and the more electronics you have the more problems you can have

·
O_o
5,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's sort of like telling me don't get leyless entry becasue the button might get stuck and my doors keep locking.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts