Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new here just signed up actually, anyway Im planning on moving to Nashville in the next month with my mother. (still 17) Just wondering if you guys know any good areas to live, I heard Hendersonville was a good one and one of the houses we like alot is there. Also any advice as to where the car scene is would be nice ive heard there is a cars and coffee every saturday in franklin but im not to sure about this. Currently dont have a car, but I will be getting one in December as well as my license im just trying to get familiar with the scene there and the city so im prepared any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Welcome to tennspeed. Hendersonville is a nice place. I'm out there on Saturday fishing.

·
Krispy Kreme Addict
7,448 Posts
Most important thing to remember is stay in school and off drugs, son.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pics of mom?

Welcome. What are you planning on getting for your first car?
No pics of mom sorry lol, Thanks for the welcome everyone. I don't currently have many options for my first car at the moment but im debating between:
1.2000 civic si 2D
2. 95 3000gt
3. 95 integra
Currently looking between these 3 im proably going to get the 3000gt since they have ones with turbo already, of course Ill be planning on upgrading the stock one.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
No pics of mom sorry lol, Thanks for the welcome everyone. I don't currently have many options for my first car at the moment but im debating between:
1.2000 civic si 2D
2. 95 3000gt
3. 95 integra
Currently looking between these 3 im proably going to get the 3000gt since they have ones with turbo already, of course Ill be planning on upgrading the stock one.
3000gt is not a good choice unless you plan on fixing it all the time and dumping money into it. Welcome.

·
Registered
10,625 Posts
Welcome. Hendersonville is going to be the nicest place you will find in north middle Tn followed by Gallatin. White House and Portland are not bad places but are your smaller towns with less things local.

IMO biggest scene area is Murfreesboro area. Blackman area is a great place in the Boro to live.

I personally hate Clarksville. With it being a big school city and the nearby base, its just full of d-bags.

BTW just because something cones stock turbo doesn't mean it will be the best car. Iirc vr4 is the only turbo 3000gt model and like mentioned above. Lots of break downs and money pit.

·
Not Black, Not Arab
4,751 Posts
Don't listen to these guys. Hendersonville is terrible. The only place I would consider moving to is the quiet neighborhoods of Antioch. Very rich with culture. A close second would be South Nashville, which is very close to Antioch.

·
Gangsta Wrapper
401 Posts
Got a few cars I will sell you right now for CHEAP! (don't worry about the missing wheels and tires though).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3000gt is not a good choice unless you plan on fixing it all the time and dumping money into it. Welcome.
Ive heard that from someone else to, if i can find a integra for sell for cheap ill go that path. Otherwise I guess ill have to go with the honda. As far as citys are concerned not 100% sure yet which one ill be living in im currently located in Memphis and will have to make a trip to go look and some houses for rent.

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Why would you and your mother want leave this fine Metro of Memphis?

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
I live outside mboro. Gteat area. Lots of traffic during the school year (MTSU) but its not awful if you stay away from the college. Blackman area is nice as well as the batfield area.

Welcome to the site.

·
4,387 Posts
PS... dont listen to anything Roman tells you.. its probably wrong.

·
Resident Douchebag
14,286 Posts
The best area is Lebanon. The women there will give you awesome gummers.

·
Not Black, Not Arab
4,751 Posts

·
4,387 Posts

·
Aww Fawk
2,798 Posts
Lived in memphis all my life/ not really anything keeping me here but friends, and my mother got a job offer out there in nashville from Vanderbilt.
Well shit, anything is better than that fuck hole...PS...your 17...get a NA FWD car....and rock it stock...once you can afford a stock car and keep it on the road...then go get a project. By that time you should be old enough not to drive it like a squid.

·
Mod
19,933 Posts
Well shit, anything is better than that fuck hole...PS...your 17...get a NA FWD car....and rock it stock...once you can afford a stock car and keep it on the road...then go get a project. By that time you should be old enough not to drive it like a squid.
Agree with the bolded part.

·
EF U
2,510 Posts
The last thing you want is a 3000gt They are big POS'es unless you want a lawn ornament
it doesn't matter where u move here, its gonna be better than Memphis i know from experience

1 - 20 of 38 Posts