Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ZOMG l00k guyz I'm a m0d!
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I go any further I want to make it clear that this post is only in reference to the post pocket midget made and what went on in it, not to anyone in general. The questions I ask are for both sides to ponder. This post is not only in reference to religion but everything in which an educated decision is required.

Anyhow...

Why is it people feel the need to insult those who do not share the same view as them? (How dare they)

Why is it that people will not have a civil conversation? (Imagine... having an open mind and learning from other views)

Has it ever crossed anyones minds that even though people fall under a certain category it doesn't mean they are all the same? (God forbid people think for themselves)

Why is it that people take one thing that they hear and run with it, not thinking that there may be more to that idea then what they know? (Research is way over rated.)

Why do people result to childish name calling and foolish threats when some one says something that they don't approve of? (Yeah well fuck y'all <- real smart right?)

Why is it that people are cool until they find out that they don't believe the same thing? (Again how dare they think differently.)

How can people blindly accept an ideal with out knowing what exactly they are accepting and why? Why won't people ask why do I believe something or what is it I actually believe? (Believe it or not, it is GOOD to question what and why you believe what you believe. By doing this you can have a much better idea of your belief.)

Why do people argue about things they don't know about? (You can't argue facts if you don't know them.)

Why bother arguing over the internet? (People are stubborn and pig headed and their minds will not be changed just because someone typed something.)

To those of you who keep it civil in these arguments, I salute you. Arguing in general is foolish but if you can hold a civil conversation and understand the fact that people are going to disagree with you, the better off you are.

Yes, I am a Christian. I will never force my views or ideas on anyone. I will also be the first to point out short comings in "Christianity". If you would like to hear my view on things, I would love to share with you and I would love to hear our view... privately. One on one conversations accomplish more than open forums. However, if you wish to argue I will not respond.

Cliff notes:

Read above you lazy bastards...

·
Registered
982 Posts
i see where you are coming from...i still think he should have never posted something like that .he knew it would start something

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
I'll remove the quote box, and type my answers in bold, so you will know what I think about what you asked...

Why is it people feel the need to insult those who do not share the same view as them? Ignorance, and the need to get a rise out of somebody, just for the hell of it. Sometimes, I even think it's a superiority/inferiority thing as well... "I'm better than you" type thing.

Why is it that people will not have a civil conversation? Because people are passionate about certain topics. Like myself and the topic of abortion... it's something I am very passionate about. I like debating whether it is right or wrong. And when I DO discuss it with someone who feels opposite of me, it can be known to get heated... it's normal.

Has it ever crossed anyones minds that even though people fall under a certain category it doesn't mean they are all the same? (God forbid people think for themselves) Can you elaborate? Like stereotyping? "Typical import ricer?" "Typical mustang owner?"

Why is it that people take one thing that they hear and run with it, not thinking that there may be more to that idea then what they know? (Research is way over rated.) Laziness? That's the best way I can describe such a situation. I guess I don't fit into that category much... because when I hear something, I HAVE to find out for myself.

Why do people result to childish name calling and foolish threats when some one says something that they don't approve of? (Yeah well fuck y'all <- real smart right?) Immaturity. Instead of saying, "we are both right, let's agree to disagree" the immature ones will resort to calling each other names and disrespecting a person.

Why is it that people are cool until they find out that they don't believe the same thing? Haven't really seen this go on too much.... so I can't really say. I usually am pretty good with first impressions... and they usually STICK for as long as I know a person.

How can people blindly accept an ideal with out knowing what exactly they are accepting and why? Why won't people ask why do I believe something or what is it I actually believe? (Believe it or not, it is GOOD to question what and why you believe what you believe. By doing this you can have a much better idea of your belief.) Again, stubbornness, and the inability to be tolerant of LISTENING to someone else describe their thoughts and processes.

Why do people argue about things they don't know about? The human nature is to have their $.02 in EVERYTHING, and to have the last word. That's always been like that.

Why bother arguing over the internet? (People are stubborn and pig headed and their minds will not be changed just because someone typed something.) I agree with your parentheses answer... it's exactly my opinion on it all.

·
ZOMG l00k guyz I'm a m0d!
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not justifying anything that happened, I am mealy criticizing both sides for the poor decisions made. I just ask for people to make educated replies and not frustrated reactions. He made the post to get a rise out of people and it worked.

@Miracle I agree with you. And let me make it clear that I have no problem with debates but I do have a problem with foolish arguments.

·
TRY HARDER
2,901 Posts
Good Question, and I understand from what has been going on. :|
I hope to see the first pig to take off flying like a bat out of hell!!! I wont hold my breath.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts