Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

· Registered
572 Posts
Devin are ppl not leary about putting suction cups on their cars? and having a metal pole above their car? I haven't totally given up on suction cups but I have a hard time considering them for that reason. I like magnets i have been using but they have their weaknesses too.

back from the dead bishes
Im not Devin but, the people I have encountered when Im with Andy (04bluesrt) arent really too concerned. It leaves a little ring that wipes right off. It really isnt too big of a deal. I would like to make a rig but right now Im gonna focus on getting flashes and learning about them first

· Registered
572 Posts
well the actual suction cups arent what scares me. I would be more concerned with losing grip and dropping the pole on the car. I dunno I guess I would only use suction if I had no way of connecting by magnet
if Andy will post some of his it would help, but the pole on his is held on by clamps that go all the way around the pole

· Head Baconator
6,165 Posts
Just got the suction cups so far.

These: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/67896-REG/Avenger_F1000_F1000_Pump_Cup_with.html

Heres the rig, this was before I bought it:

I bought it off a guy I know, Sean Klingelhoefer (click for FlickR), also goes by Nike SB'd. Its been used successfully for a cover and a few features, and hes a standup guy and told me its a solid, sturdy setup so I trust him. I'll try and get some shots soon. Unfortunately, I was going to test it on my car but someone wrecked into me today :(

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.