1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
throws some D's on dat bitch

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
id go with some 16's that way tires wont be to exspensev and it would coust you a arm and a leg to go slide her around a bit and still look good maby 16 by 7 in the front and 16 by 8 in the rear or if u were going to swap to a 5 lug id git a set of 300zx TT wheels

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, but what offset to make it look right, i want a flush look with the outer part of the fender, will roll them if needed

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
shit idk my moto is shuv the widdest tirer you can in the back and somthing big enuf you can hold to the road in the front hehe

·
Vintage BMW Aficionado
4,550 Posts
^^^

Don't listen to this retard.

Think about understeer and oversteer. Staggered steups are good and bad. It just depends on what you plan on doing. Sticking a big ass tire in the back isn't really practical unless you plan on running in a straight line.

I think if you want a car that you can do a number of different things in you'd want something like 17 x 9 all around, it has plenty of contact to the road.

It's really all in what you plan on doing. Drift, auto x, drag ect.

·
Banned
4,858 Posts
boostiswhatsfordinnerNWH said:
^^^

Think about understeer and oversteer. Staggered steups are good and bad. It just depends on what you plan on doing. Sticking a big ass tire in the back isn't really practical unless you plan on running in a straight line.

I think if you want a car that you can do a number of different things in you'd want something like 17 x 9 all around, it has plenty of contact to the road.

what if all he was planin on doing is a straght line huuuu

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
boostiswhatsfordinnerNWH said:
^^^

what off set would you recommend to have a flush look with the fenders, also looking for something with a big lip, and if i keep the car im thinking maybe trying some auto-x maybe drift , not sure, tired of straight lines though

·
Banned
4,858 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
offset is paired with the width of the wheel to judge flushness. can't just say hey, i want a -5 offset
for you i'd get 17x9 +20ish <--rule of thumb for S-chassis'
18's tires start to get expensive

·
Registered
555 Posts
slow40 said:
offset is paired with the width of the wheel to judge flushness. can't just say hey, i want a -5 offset
for you i'd get 17x9 +20ish <--rule of thumb for S-chassis'
18's tires start to get expensive

so if i get a 17x10 how much offset i can use -0 to -100?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
is 17x9 gonna be that big of a difference than 17x8 or 16x8? i mean is that inch gonna make a huge difference? and if i do go 8? what offset would you suggest? just seeing my options incase i come across a good used set.

·
WAT.biz
5,115 Posts
like everyone says...it depends on what you wanna do, but personally my fave offset on an s13 is around +15 and lower....and for an s14 around +20ish and lower. on my s14 i can fit 275's in the rear on a 17x9 with a +22 offset all day with no rubbing. have rolled fenders incase i ever wanna just dump it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts