Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
with a heat gun & a fender rolling tool .... very slowly so you dont crack the paint

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
get a dremel with a cut off wheel and cut the fenders down about 1/4" at a time maker sure you tape it up and follow the tape line. Grab some touch up paint and paint the cut area. Now go to the loal store and pick up some door edge moldings in black and stick them on the freshly painted inner fender lip it has glue on the molding and will stick right on and cut it to fit that will insure that its also protected. Cutting is a bit better than rolling as you will not have to worry about cracking the paint.

·
Registered
14 Posts
heat gun and a fender roller, like i has :mrgreen:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know about cutting, a little too permanent for me.... and im not too great with bodywork.

i dont have a heat gun or a fender roller. and thats why i posted this..

but the car is spraypainted right now, so paint crack is non-issue.

·
Omari Winbush
63 Posts
projectcivic said:
i dont know about cutting, a little too permanent for me.... and im not too great with bodywork.

i dont have a heat gun or a fender roller. and thats why i posted this..

but the car is spraypainted right now, so paint crack is non-issue.
rolling is just as permanent as cutting. You can't unroll it. I'd cut them. less likely to get a wave or a high or low spot and a lot cheaper than buying or renting a fenderoller if you can find one locally. if you don't need to pull the fenders cutting is just as effective to get a little more clearance.

·
ZOMG l00k guyz I'm a m0d!
1,078 Posts
I used a padded jack handle and a baseball bat.

·
Get off my damn lawn
1,384 Posts
projectcivic said:
how do you do it PROPERLY?
Dont try to do it alone. I used the correct tool, and a heat gun... and still Eff'd up my fenders. If you want the number of someone local who does a FANTASTIC job, PM me.

·
pwned your mom...twice
6,175 Posts
Slipstream said:
projectcivic said:
how do you do it PROPERLY?
Dont try to do it alone. I used the correct tool, and a heat gun... and still Eff'd up my fenders. If you want the number of someone local who does a FANTASTIC job, PM me.
JW, why did you try rolling your fenders on stock wheels and suspension?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts