Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I;m drivin a 95 accord, and jus recently i replaced the drivers side axle and since then i was hearing weird noises, so i took off the wheel n noticed my rotor shakes n wobbles. i replaced the wheel bearings n whole hub assembly thinking that was it. and it seemed fine for a bit, then started back up. i no all my nuts n blots are tightened down because i have taken it apart n put it back on bout 3 times now.
ne ideas?

·
Registered
28 Posts
ha the prelude question is now ruled out. with the wheel off the rotor is going to be free and wobble a lil bit. when the wheel is bolted on the rotor is then pressed against the hub of the wheel bearing. what kind of noises??? more info needed. how bout your ball joints??

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GGS-X KID said:
ha the prelude question is now ruled out. with the wheel off the rotor is going to be free and wobble a lil bit. when the wheel is bolted on the rotor is then pressed against the hub of the wheel bearing. what kind of noises??? more info needed. how bout your ball joints??
um, it is a high pitch squeel sound. and the rotor shouldn't wobble as much as it does. or at least i dont think that it should.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Your rotor will wobble more than you think with the wheel off. Just take your lug nuts and screw back on the studs with the wheel off then see if it wobbles. As for the squel have you made sure that your pads arent near the squelers on them. They may not look to wore out but if thee down to the squelers there gonna make alot of noise

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Sounds like you may have bent one of your metal dust shields that are behind your rotor to where it is rubbing the rotor..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts