Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

41 - 60 of 79 Posts

·
Vintage BMW Aficionado
4,550 Posts
slow40 said:
^ you can get 7,8,9 out of a stock rb30 noob.... same displacement, and with stock rb26 head pwns a stock 2j BAHLEEDAT NIKKA
there's no nutwswinging involved....pretty evenly matched motors ferr sherr

Eh.... RB30 is newer and still only ALMOST rivals the old 2JZ technology... weak...

·
RB20DET Guru
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The stock for RB30DET hybrid has more HP and torque then the 2jz. Rb30det make 400+ Hp and 450+ tq in stock form, running rb26 head and factory boost.

·
Super Moderhater
12,369 Posts
boostiswhatsfordinnerNWH said:
venom_5 said:
20k on a motor for a nissan .... hmm, i think id rather use that as a down-payment for a Porsche
Are you kidding me?

A measly 300 horse over glorified volkswagen vs a 900-1000 motor and you can put it in a practically free car.

I think that Afro sheen is getting to your brain.
hmm ... spend $20,000 in an engine alone + whatever else on a 1990s Nissan 240SX .... or use the money towards a luxury sports car with all its accessories, warranty, etc. - tough decision, really alex

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
Do you idiots even realize the amount of work and time it takes to make power out of an rb30 setup??? Look at all the machinning and time and build parts and materials and the custom 1 of parts. I would rather buy a powertech v8 and boost that....

SOme people on here swing nuts harder with their lips than their hands....

·
Father Time
641 Posts
AutoLuxuryGTR said:
Do you idiots even realize the amount of work and time it takes to make power out of an rb30 setup??? Look at all the machinning and time and build parts and materials and the custom 1 of parts. I would rather buy a powertech v8 and boost that....

WTF is a Powertech v8? Lol sounds like legos.

·
Vintage BMW Aficionado
4,550 Posts
venom_5 said:
boostiswhatsfordinnerNWH said:
venom_5 said:
20k on a motor for a nissan .... hmm, i think id rather use that as a down-payment for a Porsche
Are you kidding me?

A measly 300 horse over glorified volkswagen vs a 900-1000 motor and you can put it in a practically free car.

I think that Afro sheen is getting to your brain.
hmm ... spend $20,000 in an engine alone + whatever else on a 1990s Nissan 240SX .... or use the money towards a luxury sports car with all its accessories, warranty, etc. - tough decision, really alex

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Luxury is for wussies... A 240 has just about anything you could want... AC, power steering, four wheels, gas tank ect... And who needs warranties? Really the only people that need warranties are people who don't know/don't car to work on their own cars. Yeah really...

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
You forgot to lazy to work on their own cars

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
Wow sorry I didnt finish mine have you finished yours?

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
redtop240 said:
AutoLuxuryGTR said:
Do you idiots even realize the amount of work and time it takes to make power out of an rb30 setup??? Look at all the machinning and time and build parts and materials and the custom 1 of parts. I would rather buy a powertec v8 and boost that....

WTF is a Powertech v8? Lol sounds like legos.

http://www.powertecracing.com/

·
Internet Warrior
5,476 Posts
Leftlane said:
Buying a built motor and swapping out the internals if need be sounds better the more i think about it.
i'll never buy a "built" motor. they're wayy too expensive and you dont know all the specs for sure. i'd rather build me a motor with my own two hands and take the credit for the whole job. :)

with the right research, you can find out a lot of things you can do to make power or improve efficiency and retain the "reliable" status.

·
RB20DET Guru
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Lets see machine work........ HMMM Rb30 requires none, Research it, stock rb30e internals are good for 700 hp, rb26dett head fits right on no modification, rig up a harness out of the 240sx and rb26dett and rb30 block and go, you could build ur own for under what an rb26dett swap cost. Hell these motors cost so much because they are built for track and reliability, YES u can daily drive these cars. Hell the company that builds these motors are Fucking amazing. Hit up the site they are in New Z-land. www.ripsltd.com

·
Casey
2,027 Posts
nskforlife said:
Leftlane said:
Buying a built motor and swapping out the internals if need be sounds better the more i think about it.
i'll never buy a "built" motor. they're wayy too expensive and you dont know all the specs for sure. i'd rather build me a motor with my own two hands and take the credit for the whole job. :)

with the right research, you can find out a lot of things you can do to make power or improve efficiency and retain the "reliable" status.
well it also depends on where you get the motor. if its coming from a high performance shop already, then there shouldnt be a worry. if your buying it from a company that just pulls motors and sells them, then yeah, you might wanna know the condition of it.

but i also dont trust myself builing a high hp precision motor. i just dont have the time, nor the skill to do machine work like that and piece everything together.

but none the less, when it all comes down to it, piecing together an rb26 whereas buying a built rb26 is looking to be about the same price.

·
Internet Warrior
5,476 Posts
theyres always 2 sides to every story, when you put forth more effort than money, you always tend to respect it a bit more.

41 - 60 of 79 Posts