Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
Casey
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
Race_Breed_2.0 said:
Lets see machine work........ HMMM Rb30 requires none, Research it, stock rb30e internals are good for 700 hp, rb26dett head fits right on no modification, rig up a harness out of the 240sx and rb26dett and rb30 block and go, you could build ur own for under what an rb26dett swap cost. Hell these motors cost so much because they are built for track and reliability, YES u can daily drive these cars. Hell the company that builds these motors are Fucking amazing. Hit up the site they are in New Z-land. www.ripsltd.com

well...those arent bad prices at all
 

·
RB20DET Guru
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I agree, i just saw these and figured id share the rb30's. Im gonna build my own motor and ppl think im crazy for it. Im going to build an RB20DET- RB24DET stroker, specs prove it will have 400hp just boring and stroking, then im gonna drop my trust T51r and bump it up to about 20psi. My rb20 will be beast.
 

·
Internet Warrior
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
Race_Breed_2.0 said:
I agree, i just saw these and figured id share the rb30's. Im gonna build my own motor and ppl think im crazy for it. Im going to build an RB20DET- RB24DET stroker, specs prove it will have 400hp just boring and stroking, then im gonna drop my trust T51r and bump it up to about 20psi. My rb20 will be beast.
word. thats respectful numbers. make it happen
 

·
Casey
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
nskforlife said:
theyres always 2 sides to every story, when you put forth more effort than money, you always tend to respect it a bit more.
i agree, but at the same time, at any time this car could be history, and i would have to turn around and start on something else. yes, i love my car and want to spend the time working on it and say, yes, i built that car. but in the end, its still just a car.
i just dont have the patience to build a motor like alot of people do. i wish i did. i really do, but i dont. maybe one day i will change

and yeah, i have been tossing around the idea of doing the rb30 also.

right now my choices are
-straight 26 swap and building it
-stroking a 26
-swap a rb30

money is gonna get ridiculous, but its the passion that counts. and like i said above, i may spend ridiculous amounts of money on this car, and then it be wrecked the next day. thats the price we pay for this hobby.
 

·
Internet Warrior
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
Leftlane said:
nskforlife said:
theyres always 2 sides to every story, when you put forth more effort than money, you always tend to respect it a bit more.
i agree, but at the same time, at any time this car could be history, and i would have to turn around and start on something else. yes, i love my car and want to spend the time working on it and say, yes, i built that car. but in the end, its still just a car.
i just dont have the patience to build a motor like alot of people do. i wish i did. i really do, but i dont. maybe one day i will change
i feel ya, i'm working ass backwards on my hatch atm. building a motor takes a lot of patience, but on the otherhand, i build my shortblock in 4 hours, and my head in 4 hours, that includes measuring the bearings with poor mans plastiguage and setting the lash on the head. i've got about another 4 more hours i'll have to measure to have it ready to rip, mainly v2p clearance and then start adding the boltons... :)

but then again, this is just a motor i threw together to get my car running for IA. nothing extravagant by any means...
 

·
Casey
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
nskforlife said:
Leftlane said:
nskforlife said:
theyres always 2 sides to every story, when you put forth more effort than money, you always tend to respect it a bit more.
i agree, but at the same time, at any time this car could be history, and i would have to turn around and start on something else. yes, i love my car and want to spend the time working on it and say, yes, i built that car. but in the end, its still just a car.
i just dont have the patience to build a motor like alot of people do. i wish i did. i really do, but i dont. maybe one day i will change
i feel ya, i'm working ass backwards on my hatch atm. building a motor takes a lot of patience, but on the otherhand, i build my shortblock in 4 hours, and my head in 4 hours, that includes measuring the bearings with poor mans plastiguage and setting the lash on the head. i've got about another 4 more hours i'll have to measure to have it ready to rip, mainly v2p clearance and then start adding the boltons... :)

but then again, this is just a motor i threw together to get my car running for IA. nothing extravagant by any means...
yeah, and nothing against you or building a honda, but when i do my build, i want to do it ONCE. do it right the first time and have less down time. my goal is to be in the 600whp range. but if i go stroked or rb30, i could easily be looking waaaay past that.
 

·
RB20DET Guru
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Leftlane said:
nskforlife said:
Leftlane said:
nskforlife said:
theyres always 2 sides to every story, when you put forth more effort than money, you always tend to respect it a bit more.
i agree, but at the same time, at any time this car could be history, and i would have to turn around and start on something else. yes, i love my car and want to spend the time working on it and say, yes, i built that car. but in the end, its still just a car.
i just dont have the patience to build a motor like alot of people do. i wish i did. i really do, but i dont. maybe one day i will change
i feel ya, i'm working ass backwards on my hatch atm. building a motor takes a lot of patience, but on the otherhand, i build my shortblock in 4 hours, and my head in 4 hours, that includes measuring the bearings with poor mans plastiguage and setting the lash on the head. i've got about another 4 more hours i'll have to measure to have it ready to rip, mainly v2p clearance and then start adding the boltons... :)

but then again, this is just a motor i threw together to get my car running for IA. nothing extravagant by any means...
yeah, and nothing against you or building a honda, but when i do my build, i want to do it ONCE. do it right the first time and have less down time. my goal is to be in the 600whp range. but if i go stroked or rb30, i could easily be looking waaaay past that.
JUST BUILD THE RB25....... Stroke it to a 2.7 L and up the boost and ull have 500+ hp. If you wanna sell the 25 i can get it sold fast to myself LOL. But the 25 has great potential, better than the 20, but Chris, 240ss his buddies gold s14 has an rb25 with 450+ hp and only has basic bolt ons and a tune.
 

·
RB20DET Guru
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
so ur building an rb powered s13...... Well ull prolly enjoy it more than the RHD Impala.... I kid i saw ur car in rivergate a few weeks ago and almost shit myself. If it ever comes up missing (god forbid it does and u blame me) and there is a 240 with rb swap in its place know that i willtake good care of it.LOL
 

·
Casey
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
Race_Breed_2.0 said:
so ur building an rb powered s13...... Well ull prolly enjoy it more than the RHD Impala.... I kid i saw ur car in rivergate a few weeks ago and almost shit myself. If it ever comes up missing (god forbid it does and u blame me) and there is a 240 with rb swap in its place know that i willtake good care of it.LOL
s14 actually. that is whenever i decide to buy a kouki. lol
 

·
Internet Warrior
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
Leftlane said:
yeah, and nothing against you or building a honda, but when i do my build, i want to do it ONCE. do it right the first time and have less down time. my goal is to be in the 600whp range. but if i go stroked or rb30, i could easily be looking waaaay past that.
the b2/z6 hybrid will be plenty reliable for a daily, a functional car is worth much more than a shell...

i'm all about that myself. do it right the first time, never worry about it again. theres an ls block and head sitting at my legs. i'm short on funds to meet my goals right now. 250 whp on a ls-vtec NA, tuned on e85, redlining at 8500, and not scared to run it a hundred thousand miles. some say i have bullshit goals, i say they are underestimating me. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
652 Posts
honestly would just build the 25 like i said a while back..
but i knew you said something about the hks 2.8 kit which is alot more money than the rb30.

a built/bored over 25 to 26xx cc's is going to be plenty man..
you should easily see 500whp with the right supporting mods
 

·
Casey
Joined
·
2,027 Posts
slow40 said:
honestly would just build the 25 like i said a while back..
but i knew you said something about the hks 2.8 kit which is alot more money than the rb30.

a built/bored over 25 to 26xx cc's is going to be plenty man..
you should easily see 500whp with the right supporting mods
well, my plans are to FIRST, finish the body. the decide on the motor plans and buy a rbXX block. build it on the side, that way i can keep driving the car. then when its built and ready, buy a 240 kouki, and then the built motor goes into skyline and rb25 goes into 240. and im out 100 grand. lol. well it will prolly seem like it anyways
 

·
Last Son of Krypton
Joined
·
3,455 Posts
Race_Breed_2.0 said:
Lets see machine work........ HMMM Rb30 requires none, Research it, stock rb30e internals are good for 700 hp, rb26dett head fits right on no modification, rig up a harness out of the 240sx and rb26dett and rb30 block and go, you could build ur own for under what an rb26dett swap cost. Hell these motors cost so much because they are built for track and reliability, YES u can daily drive these cars. Hell the company that builds these motors are Fucking amazing. Hit up the site they are in New Z-land. www.ripsltd.com
Oh please go back to math class....

RB30 bottom end components
Pistons $80 each
Rods $100
Crank $800
Misc Parts $500
Shipping from Australia = $2000
Thinking you can install it easily inyour 240! Priceless
Seriously you need to rethink this you probably can't afford an oil change. YOu ever built a motor out of hybrid pieces from different engines? It ain't your sisters super big legos....

Leftlane said:
Race_Breed_2.0 said:
Lets see machine work........ HMMM Rb30 requires none, Research it, stock rb30e internals are good for 700 hp, rb26dett head fits right on no modification, rig up a harness out of the 240sx and rb26dett and rb30 block and go, you could build ur own for under what an rb26dett swap cost. Hell these motors cost so much because they are built for track and reliability, YES u can daily drive these cars. Hell the company that builds these motors are Fucking amazing. Hit up the site they are in New Z-land. www.ripsltd.com

well...those arent bad prices at all

Ok casey good luck with that moto cost more than the car. You are better off doing a full GTR conversion with AWD......
 
61 - 79 of 79 Posts
Top