Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres the neon i got after i got rid of my galant

only thing done so far is a remote starter and a cold air intake, right now im thinking of moving my battery to the trunk and also going to upgrade the sound system a bit, questions and comments are welcome :)

·
Babydaddy
738 Posts
I got a JYC front lip for your car.. its brand new never been installed. I got it for my 04 SXT when I ripped off my factory bodykit but when the lip came in..it wasnt the right one. I paid 180 forit..ill sell it for 50

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
first, change your avatar...

... Its a neon...

No turbo no care

·
Banned
1,740 Posts
not trying to be mean,
but yeah..its a neon

u could put a baconator under the hood and have more hp and less problems.

i used to own a neon.my 1st mistake

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SilviaSprung said:
I got a JYC front lip for your car.. its brand new never been installed. I got it for my 04 SXT when I ripped off my factory bodykit but when the lip came in..it wasnt the right one. I paid 180 forit..ill sell it for 50
will think about it, right now i dont have a body kit or anything like that yet as i havent found a body kit that i like

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SilviaSprung said:
Sounds to me like he just wanted a newer reliable daily driver..not a drifter or street racer.
well i could have it as a drifter or street racer or what have you by doing a srt-4 swap, swaping out my 2.0l engine for a 2.4 and turbo from an srt-4, which i may do i dont know yet, have yet to find a srt-4 to get all the parts from

·
BREAK A HOE
16,848 Posts
luke9511 said:
SilviaSprung said:
Sounds to me like he just wanted a newer reliable daily driver..not a drifter or street racer.
well i could have it as a drifter or street racer or what have you by doing a srt-4 swap, swaping out my 2.0l engine for a 2.4 and turbo from an srt-4, which i may do i dont know yet, have yet to find a srt-4 to get all the parts from
Just stop, please. And no you couldnt have this car as a "drifter". Dont waste your money on this car. Drive it and enjoy it for for its good...gas milage and being simple. Then keep saving and buy a car worth spending some money on. Not hating, just giving you the best advice possible.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
SilviaSprung said:
Just stop, please. And no you couldnt have this car as a "drifter". Dont waste your money on this car. Drive it and enjoy it for for its good...gas milage and being simple. Then keep saving and buy a car worth spending some money on. Not hating, just giving you the best advice possible.
any car is worth putting money into aslong as your willing to put money into it

·
BREAK A HOE
16,848 Posts
luke9511 said:
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
SilviaSprung said:
Not really. Whats the point in putting money into that car? To make it look better or go faster? At the end of the day its still a neon and you still wasted your money. Maybe a decent stereo and tint the windows and just drive the car. Im telling you this from experience and hope you can see that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
SilviaSprung said:
Not really. Whats the point in putting money into that car? To make it look better or go faster? At the end of the day its still a neon and you still wasted your money. Maybe a nice sound system and tint the windows and just drive the car. Im telling you this from experience and hope you can see that.
whats the point in putting money into a civic or any car for that matter? anyone can say that but there will still be people who put money into their car to make it look good go faster or whatever and the reason why is cause they want too and alot of the time its cause they want to show it can be done or whatever like i said, any car and i mean ANY car is worth putting money into if your willing to put money into it

·
BREAK A HOE
16,848 Posts
luke9511 said:
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
SilviaSprung said:
Not really. Whats the point in putting money into that car? To make it look better or go faster? At the end of the day its still a neon and you still wasted your money. Maybe a nice sound system and tint the windows and just drive the car. Im telling you this from experience and hope you can see that.
whats the point in putting money into a civic or any car for that matter? anyone can say that but there will still be people who put money into their car to make it look good go faster or whatever and the reason why is cause they want too and alot of the time its cause they want to show it can be done or whatever like i said, any car and i mean ANY car is worth putting money into if your willing to put money into it
I understand you are trying to defend your new purchase, and im not hating. Hell I would drive that car as a DD, but I wouldnt modify it what so ever. Im sorry you see it that way. Waste away.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
yeah you can spend money on any car but why waste it on a neon unless you have to much money and don't know what to do with it and in that case you can send some my way.

i agree with Thawk i would just do minor things to a neon like audio maybe rims and tints and just drive it for gas mileage and save my money for something more mod-able.

but like i said if you have the money to waste you can dump it into any car. :beer:

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
luke9511 said:
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
thawk said:
luke9511 said:
SilviaSprung said:
to answer your question, yes...this might seem stupid to some as well, but civics have alot of swap possibilities, are cheap, have tons more aftermarket support. Its a neon, trust thawks judgement, it will just end up being another rice car, and if you do one day have knowledge on what is clean vs rice, you will look back and cry or laugh at yourself. It is just a neon. A daily driver. A nice point A to B car.

·
but its gone now
2,038 Posts
Do a 2JZ and RWD swap :lol:
yes you can put your money into anything

·
I <3 wheels.
1,756 Posts
You cant save'm... $1000 says in a few years, he will say "Damn, he was right"... Its hard to see sometimes, but Thawk is 1000000% right... you should really look further into the future... No sense in wasting ANY money on performance mods, I can understand a nice stereo-alarm-tint, because they are all creature comforts that will make your driving experience better, anything past that, and you might as well light it on fire.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts