Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a few StepMania players on here and just wanted start a discussion on it

What kind of songs do ya'll like to play on it? What Difficulty do you usually play? Are you a one handed or two handed player? Got any videos of any songs attempts? What's your favorite step pattern?

Me, I have a load of anime songs I got in song packs (Otaku Dreams Anime Mix 1-4 and will add 5 when it comes out) and I added some more myself along with some regular metal and rock songs. I do have a coupla dance type songs too but most of my anime music has that covered. I usually play on Heavy on 3.9 and Hard on 4.0 Beta (same difficulty). I play single handed cause for some reason I can't think with 2 hands on this game. I do have one video I took of one song but it's old and I've since done better on it so I don't feel like posting it. And my favorite type of step pattern is a constant stream on steps spaced evenly.

So how about the rest of you?

Oh and has anyone tried StepMania 4.0 beta? I like the new menus and like that it can support 16:10 aspect ratios up 1920x1200 resolutions (3.9 could only support 4:3 and 5:4 up to 1280x1024). I hate the actual gameplay though. I mean the gameplay is the same but the new arrows and shit suck. They look kinda dull and honestly, it's kinda hard for me to tell where they are. Plus they don't alternate colors and the hold arrows aren't different from the rest anymore and mines aren't as easy to notice. It seems to me I can more easily perceive the arrows in 3.9. I hope they either change the arrows and mines to something better or some one makes a 3rd party theme to make it look like 3.9.

·
Vin-Auto Rotary
10,163 Posts
Damn Techy....you do live up to your name :lol: :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts