Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem is fixed use as self help thread if you are having a similar problem many good suggestions in here

Ok problem as is i am good with electrical issues and have tried many solutions wondering what your suggestions are

jenson touch screen head unit is all hooked up properly in a 2001 honda civic if i turn it up to around 25 with loud off and bass down it will shut off for a few seconds and then turn back on and repeat till i turn it down if loud and bass are turned up it will do this at lower volumes i know i have some sort of power issue any help will be appreciated

·
Technology Junkie!!!!!!!!
3,579 Posts
sounds like a short in the power supply, you wouldn't happen to work with Sam
Mcarthy would you

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No on the sam issue im from the east end of the state i have checked factory wire all the way back

another question if i run a direct power wire from alternate source would the factory alternate power wire still keep everything in memory on the unit when i kil l the units power

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
s13ka_sleeper said:
are you using a amp knob to comtrol the level of your amp...like the telephone plug in control knob?
No i am actually in the process right now of enclosing my trunk completely the problem has been going on before that but since i ripped the amp, cap, and subs out and its nothing but the head unit and door and rear speakers it stil persists

·
Registered
198 Posts
First off make sure you have a good ground, if its the factory ground run you a new 1 and regound it somewere it will have a good ground. Or you can take your memory wire which will be yellow and run it straight to the battry with an inline fuse. It will still work like factory but you will be getting more direct power to the head unit.

·
Rotary Nut!
396 Posts
man you dont have a great power wire and you need to get that fixed or you will start to blown fuses and that is not good i been there do that and its was stupid to find that out with the power or ground not being connected great and you can cause a short and fry your wiring harness like chicken.

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok thanks again for the help guys i went ahead and had a power wire already going to an inverter that i ran to the constant power wire to fix the "lack of" issue but i went ahead and investigated further after the factory radio ground wire leaves the harness it becomes roughly an 18 gauge micro wire so i ran a 12 gauge ground and connected directly to frame so far so good problem fixed well see for sure once i get the system back in
thanks again for all help

·
Registered
58 Posts
if you still have have problems check all your speaker wires, i had that same problem and come to find out i had a speaker com undone and the wires keep touchin

·
Registered
42 Posts
dont listen to them i had a jensen flipout and mine worked great, i upgraded to a touch screen pioneer as of now though but to me just sounds like its loosing power to it, you just need a bigger fuse of something, me and my buddy have run into that situation alot, and all he deals in is loud ass stereos, right now he has two fifteens and 7300 watts to them. but anyways everytime me and him came to a problem like this is was just a bad or small fuse or like your ground and hot need to be upgraded from the car or where it connects to the cd player.

·
Team IDR President
35 Posts
IDK about hondas, but most cars I know of that I've worked with have a factory amp that needs bypassed. other than that, it sounds a bit to me like you're running your subs on the headunit's amp, not a seperate one

I.E. you can have a seperate amp, and have a wire or two crossed and it'll tey to run on the amp of the headunit. This is overloading the headunit causing it to shut down as a built in safety feature to keep it from burning up and potentially cause a dash fire. I'd chek the remote wire, the lead to the amp, and the ground. I wouldn't know too much about telling you what to check without seeing it myself. sorry I can't help you more.

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help guys i do have an amp by the way 2400 watts bridged and a 5 farrad capacitor problems been fixed thanks again for the help

·
RB20DET Guru
1,861 Posts
it is due to protection mode, when speaker wires touch it will cause a protect on the Jensen flip outs,
check all connections again, the problem lies there.

·
Resident Ricer
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jokers_wild_1987 said:
Ok thanks again for the help guys i went ahead and had a power wire already going to an inverter that i ran to the constant power wire to fix the "lack of" issue but i went ahead and investigated further after the factory radio ground wire leaves the harness it becomes roughly an 18 gauge micro wire so i ran a 12 gauge ground and connected directly to frame so far so good problem fixed well see for sure once i get the system back in
thanks again for all help
Haha thanks for the help guys the jenson is fine now bigger constant and avoided a factory ground that was to small no problem for going on 2 months

1 - 16 of 16 Posts