Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Still undecided on the new car!

4K views 64 replies 33 participants last post by  usafdarkhorse 
#1 ·
so it is getting about that time for me to come home and start looking at new cars for me but in my price range (22k) there are just way to many good choices...so help me out and tell me what you think

mazdaspeed6: cool 4 door with some pep...good amount of aftermarket for what it is
350z
s2000 (ap2)
gto (ls2)
01-02 vette (non zo6)
03-04 cobra

i am problay coming back over within 6 months though as a civilian, so i might just get a beater to last me until i come back home for good

#5 ·
Um just a thought, you said you were interested in a 03-04 cobra, statixnwh has a beautiful mach 1 you may want to look at.

#13 ·
Get a Z. Cobras are up there in price, and finding one for $22K that's in good shape is going to be hard (that's not beat to death). An S2000 is fun, but a Z will do "all that and more" for the same amount of money, and has more room. Build quality is lacking, compared to an S2000, though. MazdaSpeed 6 - I would stay away if I were you... that poor car... :mrgreen:

#15 ·
unitedelements said:
hey does your 350 have cruise?
HECK YES,
BUT....

I can't set the cruise if I'm going over 90 for some reason, I gotta set it at 89 and keep pushing the up button to get it where I want it set, oh well.... who really cruises above 90 besides me anyways! lol.

#19 ·
unitedelements said:
yeah i am leaning towards a s2k or 350 but alot of the 350s dont have cruise....kinda lame for what starts as a 25k plus car
The only 350z that doesnt have cruise is the base model which also doesnt have HID's or LSD. So you would want a enthusiast model which depending on the year you could find one for under 22k very easily. Owning a 350z i would highly suggest one. I love the car and have never had any trouble out of it. A close second would be the GTO with the 6.0 liter because they are so easy to make power but lack in the handling and looks department.

#22 ·
03Fairlady said:
unitedelements said:
HECK YES,
BUT....

I can't set the cruise if I'm going over 90 for some reason, I gotta set it at 89 and keep pushing the up button to get it where I want it set, oh well.... who really cruises above 90 besides me anyways! lol.
I can set cruise control to 155 :D Thats how I cruise all day

#23 ·
unitedelements said:
so it is getting about that time for me to come home and start looking at new cars for me but in my price range (22k) there are just way to many good choices...so help me out and tell me what you think

mazdaspeed6: cool 4 door with some pep...good amount of aftermarket for what it is
350z
s2000 (ap2)
gto (ls2)
01-02 vette (non zo6)
03-04 cobra

i am problay coming back over within 6 months though as a civilian, so i might just get a beater to last me until i come back home for good
C5 Vette Hands down....

#25 ·
umcool911ok said:
03Fairlady said:
unitedelements said:
HECK YES,
BUT....

I can set cruise control to 155 :D Thats how I cruise all day
blah blah blah....... :wink:

#26 ·
why not a z06? 22k you could probably find you a 01Z......im buying a FRC c5 once this mach 1 sells, found one already.....FRC's are a little more expensive than a coupe, but they are lighter, have z51 suspension and look a whole hell lot better. You cant beat a vette when it comes to straight bang for buck, ls1 is ftw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.