Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, lets talk it...

I'm looking to move out soon. Prolly within a few months, or early next year. Which is still only a couple months away.

Iv been looking at apartments however I really dont like the idea of paying 800 a month when
I could buy a small house for that... Hell I could buy a nice house for 800 a month.

Just wondering what people are paying for their pads, Apartments, Houses renting etc...

I understand I don't need to be buying a house for a few years, I'd love to rent a house.
I just dont like the idea of an apartment...

If anyone is cool with it, let me know what type of place your currently living in, around how much you pay,
and all that good stuff.... Location etc...

Don't have to, And I'm doing allot of research on my own but would always like to here from fellow tennspeed members....

Also, I'm really looking to stay south of Nashville, Spring hill/Columbia area but i'm open to everywhere...

Just getting an Idea of whats out there.

Thanks

·
Registered
470 Posts
Well, I am not sure about the prices in the high rent district of Nashville ;) but here in WH I pay right at $1000 a month for the house note. We bought this house 7 yrs ago and its gone up 60k in value in that time so the payment would be a lot higher for the value but the thing to remember is if you can get a small house it won't loose value which is nice.

Check out http://www.realtor.com/ for the listings in that area. We started there to get an idea of what houses were going for. The hardest part about buying a house, especially now that the housing crunch went down will be the financing.

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Thats why I hate renting. I don't understand why people rent. Your simply throwing your money away.
For the cost of renting I have found some pretty nice first homes.
But, thanks for the link CarM&P and dark, thats exactly how I was thinking.

I'm finding alot of homes for a pretty good price.

·
Registered
470 Posts
And remember, you don't need to buy the biggest and most expensive. For just you, start small and then build up as you need/can afford to. The house will not lose value.

·
Registered
237 Posts
yes they will, my house in Hendersonville, Last year about this time was worth 260k, this year only 195k, because no ones houses in my area are selling.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I am not talking about yr to yr. Mine went down last year as did everyone elses. The housing market is off but next yr it will probably go up. Mine was going up 12% a yr which was really good but over time it will give you money unless you have to get out of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts