Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was thinking of doing a BBQ Run. Im wanting to do a run/challenge and thought this would fun a pretty fun way to do this.

Start out in Nashville on a Friday morning at 8am and drive to Memphis for some Memphis style BBQ. After lunch, we drive up to St Louis for some nice St Louis style ribs and stay at a hotel and do some partying. The next morning we drive over to Kansas City, KS and have some Kansas style BBQ and then head on back to Nashville.

Here is the challenge part and you HAVE TO DO THIS ORDER TO PARTICIPATE

1) 2 people per car

2) You HAVE TO PURCHASE a car for $1000 or less and have the title in hand to show you bought it.

3) Camera will be mounted in cars to record convos, others driving, crazy antics

4) You have to make it to all destinations AND BACK to Nashville using the same car in order to win.

5) Poker buy in is $25 per person.

6) Whatever team wins by A) completing the journey in the car AND B) paid the lowest amount for the vehicle, will recieve the the money.

Afterwards, we can gather all the video footage and have it edited into a Tennspeed vid LOL

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No. Has to be a brand new car and the people in the car split the price of the purchase.

·
Registered
58 Posts
this is going to be pretty out of hand if I may say so.

Also, what would you do about insurance on the new car? just thought about that? lol

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If im not mistaken you should be able to get like a 3 day insurance quote or something like that.

·
Super Freq
2,987 Posts
idk how it works in tenn, but the minimum permit here is 10 days.

and that sounds a shitload of fun, great idea.

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
my $.02- i love to do stuff like that- but right now-that's kind of a
pipe dream for most-- too many struggling right now to drop a big dime, or even split one...
register,insurance,fuel ($45 every 300 miles), hotel,food- even if split cast with another person,
that's a minimum of $650 pp for a rack of ribs and a weekend of driving
=and possible 'strandage' by that trusty new $1k car

·
Registered
652 Posts
yeah, but if you win it's not that bad right.. depending on the amount of people
ha, i'm still too broke to do that. rather put the money towards something else. i'm po

·
CuntRy gUrl
1,525 Posts
btw- that would be a fun trip for some in the cars they've been workin on/maintaining, and driving regularly for a while!

lot of us struggle to save a grand- & plan on investing it in the cars we already own to make them faster or just to make them run

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AutoLuxuryGTR said:
In like sin with with the wifey! I will buy her car for $1k!
If ya want I think we could let my gf and her ride in the same car as long as we stick with them in case something happens.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Technically, I could sell my car to a friend for a grand, then buy it back. So in all reality, I'd be buying a "$1,000 car"

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
BoostdIS said:
Technically, I could sell my car to a friend for a grand, then buy it back. So in all reality, I'd be buying a "$1,000 car"
I wouldnt give 2.50 and a jaw breaker for it :lol:

I would be down but not at this time but I can meet up with you guys in Memphis

·
Registered
58 Posts
jcoosi said:
BoostdIS said:
I wouldnt give 2.50 and a jaw breaker for it :lol:

I would be down but not at this time but I can meet up with you guys in Memphis
So where's this $$ you speak of.... :lol:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Damn that would be a long ass trip

2.5-3 hours for memphis
5+ hours from memphis to st louis
around 5 hours from st louis to kansas city
hella long way from kansas city back to nashville

just a rough estimate on times (I lived in Missouri for almost 20 years)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok so if we bought a car for say like 500 dollars does it have to run? like say I bought another 240 and dropped a spare engine in would that be allowed?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts