Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM PICKING UP A STD 89 CIVIC HATCH THIS WEEKEND WHAT ALL IS NEEDED TO MAKE IT VERY SIMPLE? COMPLET MOTOR SWAP"motor,tranny,ecu,wireharness, axles, mounts, and shift linkage... do i need other stuff to wire it up???

·
Registered
237 Posts
DICK said:
IM PICKING UP A STD 89 CIVIC HATCH THIS WEEKEND WHAT ALL IS NEEDED TO MAKE IT VERY SIMPLE? COMPLET MOTOR SWAP"motor,tranny,ecu,wireharness, axles, mounts, and shift linkage... do i need other stuff to wire it up???
You will need Motor mounts hasports is the best. Shift linkage and or modified DA shift linkage. If it a DX you will need to conveert the DPFI to MPFI. You will also need a ECU for the b series. Then just time its a simple swap to do tons of write ups on how to do this. So yeah your pretty much know what i all you need.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it's a std. so its dpfi and not mpfi. how do you convert from dpfi to mpfi???

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just do a search for it on yahoo or go to JDMUniverse.com. It not hard at all. You can not do a HF or a SI harness inless you have a dash harness as well.

·
TRY HARDER
2,901 Posts
DICK said:
yeah it's a std. so its dpfi and not mpfi. how do you convert from dpfi to mpfi???
Look bro.....this swap is a classic, you can get the correct wiring diagram from dpfi to mpfi on "sport compact car" website. If you are on a budget
Place Racing is one of the oldest mount companies out there, and the swap you are going to do is there speacial of course. If not Innovative Mount are good too. Hasport does have great mounts, but its your choice. If you need any other info pm me.

·
get off my nuts
503 Posts
DICK said:
you picking up a std this weekend
that sucks man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts