TennSpeed banner

Should I spray on a stock motor?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I use nitrous on my stock motor? People on other forums are getting .5 seconds off their ET's on a stock motor using a 50 shot and colder plugs... what do you guys think?

·
SCFTW
7,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am thinking I should... and have logical reasons why I think I should... but I don't (like Zac said) want to use it too often/too much and damage something.

I may just wait until I boost, but I am not sure. This V8 LOVES a little nitrous though, so I don't know yet.

Reason for this thread: A buddy has a full wet kit (filled bottle, 50,75, and 100 shot nozzles, jets, lines, solenoids, fittings) for less than 300 bucks. I am thinking about it... either to get it and keep it until I boost, or get it and see what I can do now. :)

·
Father Time
641 Posts
AaroNX said:
redtop240 said:
I don't like nitrous as a form of forced induction. I prefer it only as a supporting mod.
Bet if I took you for a ride you'd change your mind....
Not unless you have the never-ending nitrous mod. I've ridden in a couple. Like this vette I always see at the track. On the bottle he's fast then 3 runs later when he runs out he's pretty average.

·
Turbo lag = foreplay.
27 Posts
Miracle said:
Should I use nitrous on my stock motor? People on other forums are getting .5 seconds off their ET's on a stock motor using a 50 shot and colder plugs... what do you guys think?
negative

·
Registered
119 Posts
redtop240 said:
AaroNX said:
redtop240 said:
I don't like nitrous as a form of forced induction. I prefer it only as a supporting mod.
Not unless you have the never-ending nitrous mod. I've ridden in a couple. Like this vette I always see at the track. On the bottle he's fast then 3 runs later when he runs out he's pretty average.

My cars faster than most NA though, the nitrous is just the GET RIGHT kick lol.

H

·
0 Posts
nos

AaroNX said:
redtop240 said:
AaroNX said:
redtop240 said:

My cars faster than most NA though, the nitrous is just the GET RIGHT kick lol.

well if i was you i wouldnt get nos beacuse it will tear your moter up and make the rings wear faster and nos can blow up your moter and if you get nos the best nos system to get is the wet shot which this consists of an extra gas shot in to the moter with nos mixed with it when you change out nosels be shure to have a higher shot of gas then nos. say like you have a 75 shot of nos make the gas a 100 shot.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'd say don't spray, spend your money on more all time horse power, if you want to spray then build your motor for spray and throw a real shot on it, I've had a 60shot before and its really not worth it in my opinion

·
Registered
119 Posts
Direct port is the safest, which is what I have.

I'm spraying a 100 shot on a motor that only came with 140 at the crank.

I also think there's too many negative responses from people about nitrous, who have never used it. As long as you do it right and don't get stupid with it, it's perfectly safe. I've been spraying my motor for 6 years.

H

·
0 Posts
well

AaroNX said:
Direct port is the safest, which is what I have.

I'm spraying a 100 shot on a motor that only came with 140 at the crank.

I also think there's too many negative responses from people about nitrous, who have never used it. As long as you do it right and don't get stupid with it, it's perfectly safe. I've been spraying my motor for 6 years.

ah shit i forgot about direct port injection it is pritty safe though but ill stick wit wet shot

H

·
0 Posts
AaroNX said:
Well since direct port is just a wet shot for each individual cylinder it's still basically the same thing.

yep and more power so what kind of car you got

1 - 20 of 57 Posts