Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner

Tune and dyno?

2K views 24 replies 17 participants last post by  Good2GetBlown 
#1 ·
Ok well i just threw the turbo on coupe. and need a tune and dyno. i know there is carma and C&C. but i would just like to know places and prices and whos the best. thanks i know i will get shit for this but who cars lol... so help me get this bitch runnin perfect

#2 ·
i know a guy in Murfreesboro that can do an amazing job tuning it for you.. but he doesn't have a dyno but he was turned out a 635whp evo on stock ecu, 480whp srt-4 stock ecu, 300whp 2003 eclipse gt and many more dude i would trust him with anything. he is a really good guy to. i cant remember how much he charged to tune but you can call him and ask him about it 615-417-5699

#7 ·
F that shat... the road tune should always be AFTER the dyno , to clean up response and hiccups. You would be a complete failure at life if you just road tuned your car with a new setup. Suck it up and do it right. You lose engines by cutting corners.

Just go to Carma. They have a great rep, ability,dyno , and can get all you need out of your current setup.

#10 ·
Rustyzipper said:
F that shat... the road tune should always be AFTER the dyno , to clean up response and hiccups. You would be a complete failure at life if you just road tuned your car with a new setup. Suck it up and do it right. You lose engines by cutting corners.

Just go to Carma. They have a great rep, ability,dyno , and can get all you need out of your current setup.

x7578903240587205873458073240985723409687408674320867430687435

#13 ·
Rustyzipper said:

Wow I know a few people who should be whining about how their motor blew up if your words were true. I believe the opposite to be true. You should get a good road tune before you get a dyno tune. You want a hiccup in your A/F when you're pulling full power for an extended period of time?

If you've got a decent base map, wideband, and logging software, you're going to learn more than the time spent on a dyno. To each their own b/c this argument will go on forever.

#17 ·
spoolie said:
Rustyzipper said:

x7578903240587205873458073240985723409687408674320867430687435
what he said, do it right the first time or do it wrong twice its up to you

#21 ·
Cowden86 said:
Wow I know a few people who should be whining about how their motor blew up if your words were true. I believe the opposite to be true. You should get a good road tune before you get a dyno tune. You want a hiccup in your A/F when you're pulling full power for an extended period of time?

If you've got a decent base map, wideband, and logging software, you're going to learn more than the time spent on a dyno. To each their own b/c this argument will go on forever.
On a REAL dyno, you dont make full power sweeps until you've got everything right... And trust me, I've got more street tuning and dyno time under my belt than anyone on this site.... tuning on a dyno first is the absolute best option.

#24 ·
Well from what I've heard on this site, I think if I ever went turbo (which might be very soon).. The only place I would go for my tuning/dyno would be Carma, I would trust them with everything on my car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.