Tennessee Car Forums at TennSpeed banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was definitely an experimental shoot for me. Not my best work... More experimenting with strobes. Still have a lot to learn but slowly progressing. I also tried some new post techniques. Feel free to critique!
Location was very unexpected.. We were going to shoot across the street but got kicked out before we got there. Basically, the location sucked... I wanted to shoot in a loading bay across the street.

Thanks for coming out to the boro Josh! We need to do it again asap.

·
No LS...no care
4,414 Posts
I clicked on this thread expecting 2J goodness...and was let down :(

Nice pictures man...also don't change your rims Josh. If you get CH's your ghey.

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
BMW looks good. Shots are eh. I say reshoot bc I usually like your shots spasticdwarf.

·
Last Son of Krypton
3,455 Posts
your angles are........for lack of a better term.....interesting.....i get a sensation of vertigo looking at them.....maybe not as wide of a lens....

·
Head Baconator
915 Posts
That first shot, I would have really enjoyed if the location was better. The silver is very smooth and well lit, without any severely blown spots. The edit seems pretty high contrast and interesting as well.

I like it, I'd like to see more. I don't see -many- of your shots but I like what you post, and I'd love to see more!

Do yo uhave a FlickR account? If so, could you add me?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks. I was focused more on the lighting than the location, and I'm happy with that... but as I was telling Casey, location will always make or break a photo, and in this case, it definitely broke them!

I'll add you on flickr, but I don't add everything i take to it. I need to get in the habit of updating it more. In fact, I'll do that now.

·
Drives
3,052 Posts
jdmpwr07 said:
I clicked on this thread expecting 2J goodness...and was let down :(

Nice pictures man...also don't change your rims Josh. If you get CH's your ghey.
I am changing my rims because they are craptastic and only look good in one angle. Which
is none of these.
Your gay.

Oh and mike add me on flickr man

·
OG Inactive phoTOGgrapher
4,582 Posts
Add me to.:)

·
OG founder
5,386 Posts
I would have coverd the building light with a t-shirt or something for the few minutes.

But I wish I had strobes. lol

·
Yes, I drive a Barbie car
4,387 Posts
Pic # 3... Dodge's chicken FTW!!! lol but nice pictures man.

next time you shoot something i wouldn't mind tagging along if that would be cool. I'm in the boro myself and just got some camera equip and i'm still learning. I'm a complete noob but i wanna get with so other people to watch and learn from people that actually know what they are doing.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm always down for people coming along.

The hard part for me is that I don't know any good spots in the boro, since I've only been here for a couple weeks... that's why this location sucked. I have no clue where there are some good places to go.

·
Registered
431 Posts
is that dodges chicken in the background why would u shoot there

·
Registered
954 Posts
I know a few good places, some of the people on here use them though.. I know prob the best spot actually, Do you know where the DMV is?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts