• turbo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • all motor

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Best bang for the buck--turbo. Most fun to drive--turbo. Most impressive to run--fully built motor. Have driven several different turbo configurations and love the feel of a turbo engine. Turboed B20 Vtec and a turboed H22a. Both a lot of fun to drive.

·
Dip time
10,395 Posts
^^ same, you can spend tons of money to be as fast as a turbo car, or for half the price, you could go turbo and wax most of all NA motors with alot more money in them.....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Wow 100% turbo!

G

·
Well as much as i am against boosting a honda....i have to say that if you dont have the money to do an all motor build, then just boost it. It's just really not my thing....*shrugs*

·
Car Junkie
712 Posts
Here's the deciding factor: You like turbo. Your friend likes NA. It's your car. Your opinion matters more :wink:

It's just so much easier to get strong power and a broad powerband out of a good turbo setup, too.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
My brother has always been against turboing B series VTEC motors (he prefers to turbo LS motors) but I say, as long as you do it right and keep from blowing it up, go for it :thumbup:

I'd love to drop my D16Z6 I got layin around and turbo it, but I have no money to do it and I need money anyway so it's gettin sold. My B16 shall remain all motor but that's cause I'm too damn poor to do any real mods outside I/H/E Which 2/3 of the way there with I/E. No header yet but I have one sittin in the garage.

G

·
00civicex said:
well a friend wants me to go all motor. im more of the turbo type id just like your opinion ok!
ok man .... never let friends make choices for you on YOUR car....
if your gonna build a honda just do it all motor, and forget the turbo crap.

·
Whatever
21 Posts
00civicex said:
naw im going to be either doing boost or all motor on a b16 im building !
You saying "naw" to me and then saying "or B16" is a contradiction.

You should prob give everyone a little more information on what you want to do with the car in the end. Stright line / autocross / Backroads / just to fit in?
Daily driver? What is your final goal for the car?

·
Banned
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok since ive joined this site. i still have my daily driver 00 civic ex d16y8 . but i have since bought a b16a sold the complete engine to a friend didnt wanna have to tear it apart and i have started on a build up of a b16a. im going to pull a part here in a few to see if they will sell me a 94 integra ls shell if they wont im going to florida next week to pick up one! i wanna go turbo i wanna experience for myself my friends say go all motor but if i dont like the turbo then ill sell it and go all motor. have a nice car but fast at the same time. it will be daily driver on a few pounds but will be a weekend car to crank up the boost 12-17 pounds! id like to go to a 1/4 after im done on some slicks and see what i can run . but also a highway run car! there you go.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It really all depends on your end goal and the type of driving you prefer. As much as I like Boosted cars...I have more respect for a fast n/a car. I say hook the motor up as much as you can then pump money into suspension and own straightline vehicles on the curves.

Yesterday two friends and I were in a Honda Oddessey going to pick up some parts for a car...and we ran into a mustang gt (new body style) so we decided to play....on the straights the gt would pull but on the curves we would hammer him and pull....and that frustrated the gt becuase I was looking at him while we were driving.

The point is...anyone can boost their cars to make it fast but do it with a n/a car and you are a fast driver

1 - 16 of 16 Posts